Great Wife + Tax Refund = New D7000

My wonderful wife said that once we got our tax refund I could order a new camera if I wanted to (DUH!). She knows my D70S has been acting up lately (CHA errors amongst other things) and I was getting frustated with it. So I figured the D7000 was the best bang for the bucks that I got from Uncle Sam. B & H finally got some in stock today and I ordered it and it should be here on Friday. Can't wait :smile:. Thanks dear, I love you :Love:

Lol, my ex wife just rolled her eyes whenever the subject of photography came up. It was awesome. She literally had some sort of a mental or psychological blind spot, i could swap gear out, upgrade, whatever, she never noticed. she could seiously not tell the difference between a 70-200 2.8 afs and a 55-200 VR when looking directly at them.

lol

And congrats on the D7k! you are gonna love it!

I've done pretty well teaching the girlfriend about the importance of good gear, I think. She's an illustrator and a photoshop wiz (she does most of my portrait retouching because she can do five pictures in the time it takes me to do one), so she can see the effects of better stuff. The only issue is that she understands the importance of lighting so well now that whenever I'm looking at bodies or lenses, she pushes me for more strobes and modifiers instead.

Lol, my ex wife just rolled her eyes whenever the subject of photography came up. It was awesome. She literally had some sort of a mental or psychological blind spot, i could swap gear out, upgrade, whatever, she never noticed. she could seiously not tell the difference between a 70-200 2.8 afs and a 55-200 VR when looking directly at them.

lol

And congrats on the D7k! you are gonna love it!

My wife is the same way with firearms.
She can't tell the difference between a $2K Wilson combat 1911 and $100.00 Hi point. :biggrin:

And I have so much Camera gear she has no idea what I have.

Your going to love the D-7000. It is a great camera.

Congrats! It's such a wonderful thing when two people have mutual understanding.

My wife has no issues with me buying gear, the problem is ME. I don't want to spend the money and would always prefer to put it towards our retirement (and I'm only 31! :eek: what's wrong with me..)

My wife is the same way with firearms.
She can't tell the difference between a $2K Wilson combat 1911 and $100.00 Hi point. :biggrin:

And I have so much Camera gear she has no idea what I have.

Your going to love the D-7000. It is a great camera.

I've always wanted a Wilson, haha. Never shot one though, only "custom" 1911s I've tried were Kimbers and I was unimpressed.

Real Name
Tony Admana
Scott,

You owe your wife a candle light dinner in a fancy restaurant, and give her flowers to show how much you appreciate her kindness, understanding, and generosity. Congratulations! :smile:

Latest threads

Top Bottom