Great Yard sale Pickup

I was coming back from lunch today and stopped at this little tiny roadside yard sale that had a sign which noted FOTO STUFF. I don't see many Thursday yardsales and typically I'd never even stop.

There was lots of STUFF...all of it junk until I hit the bottom of the last box and there in an old felt Seagram's Whiskey bag was an absolutely pristine Nikon 25-50 f4 AIS which looks as though it's never been used.....and there isn't even one tiny speck of dust inside it.

It's now mine which is great as I've been looking for one of these for eons in great shape :)

Thats great Jim
With all the stuff you have had thrown at you the past couple years, glad to see a bit of good luck come your way:>))))
Go buy a lottery ticket:>))))

Just read about this lens on the naturfotograf site.

Wow :Shocked: and congratulations!

Last edited by a moderator:
A van, down by the river (in the SW Chicago 'burbs
Great find--I've been interested in finding one of these myself.

I've had some pretty good luck with lenses in weird places. Five or six of my best deals ever have come from two estate sales, two garage sales, and a pawn shop of all places. You never know when you'll get lucky, if you keep on the lookout.

Greg

When I got my 300mm F4.5 ED-IF lens... It was part of an eBay auction of "(3) Telephoto Lenses f/ Nikon". The pictures were terrible, and the description didn't really say what was included (It was from a place that did government surplus stuff). The one mildly OK picture showed two really old beat up off-brand lenses and partially hidden behind one of the lenses was the 300mm F4.5 ED-IF. I ended up winning the auction for something like $25 and it was another $15 to ship it.

The lenses arrive... two beat up old off-brand lenses...scratched, broken, etc... and one dirty, but perfectly clean and clear glass Nikon 300mm F4.5 ED-IF lens. Cleaned it up with a rag and some alcohol... and it was good as new... for $40!

Z

ZBaum

Bring the lens to the Sox game and get some nice stadium shots of Fenway :biggrin:. I went to Fenway at the end of May and got to see Beckett's return game. Enjoy, and don't forget to post some photos of the lens also (as others have said).

Top Bottom