Green Heron In Flight Shots

Got the chance to shoot a Green Heron in flight this morning. All shot with D3 and 300 f/4 AF-S hand held.

1)
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2)

3)

4)

5)

6)

7) Bonus shot of the same GH just lurking

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
NICE! Still trying to get those in flight, they are a touch rare around my area!

Well done, looks like you got him coming and going unless they are different birds!

Wade

Beautiful shots!

Still looking for these suckers around here... very rare bird even more rare when you have your gear and a there in flight to have there pics taken.

NICE! Still trying to get those in flight, they are a touch rare around my area!

Well done, looks like you got him coming and going unless they are different birds!

Wade
Thanks Wade. I had never seen a Green Heron until I stumbled upon one over by my wife's office last year. I've been hooked on shooting them ever since. They are quite elusive and blend in well.

nice shots - wish I could find them around my place
Keep looking...they're probably there, they blend in well. Thanks for looking.

Beautiful shots!

Still looking for these suckers around here... very rare bird even more rare when you have your gear and a there in flight to have there pics taken.
Thanks! Yes they are...you'll find one though.

Great series here, nicely done.
Thanks Warren.

Wow. Now thats what I was trying to do.
Let me know when you want to try again and we can go out one Saturday or Sunday morning to the spot where there are normally 2 or 3 around and practice. The little lake they are at is in John's Creek.

Wow Dave, these are stellar in-flight captures. You nailed the panning on each of them. Tack sharp and beautiful colors. Thanks for sharing.

Excellent captures Dave
Thanks Jimmy...I'm just trying to get some shots half as good as yours. :smile:

Wow Dave, these are stellar in-flight captures. You nailed the panning on each of them. Tack sharp and beautiful colors. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks Frank. I ended up taking a lot of him during this flight, and thankfully quite a few of them were right on with the focus.

Great series... can't make up my mind on which I like the most.... perhaps #6 a wee li'l more than the others.
Yeah, I think I like #6 the most too. I like the color of the water in that one more than the other ones which had the reflection of the sky in the water and that's why they are bluish/grey. It almost looks like the sky, but it is water.

Thanks for looking!

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom