Green Heron @ Juanita Park

Discussion in 'Birds' started by JayR, Jul 23, 2005.

1. JayR

JayR

Jul 6, 2005
    Redmond, WA.
    I had the opportunity of meeting a couple of NikonCafe members (Bill Dewey & Jim Thiel) at Juanita Park along with another fellow photographer (Richard).

This was the first time I met them and let me tell you, they are both wonderful people and a pleasure to shoot with. Bill graciously offered me a chance to shoot with his Sigma 500 w/ 1.4 Tele. I couldn't pass up the opportunity as I have never shot anything more than 200mm before. I accepted and got some shots of the green heron with the big gun. I was shocked when I looked through the D70 viewfinder. This was really a eye-opening experience for me.

Thank you to Bill, Jim, & Richard for a wonderful time at the park. I really enjoyed it even though I had to leave early.

Here are some shots that I got from that combo. These might not be upto most picture posted here but I am striving to improve and am slowly building my Nikon arsenal.

Shot with the D70 w/ Sigma 500 f4.5 (?) + 1.4 Teleconverter. (I think)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Please feel free to comment.

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Holey smokes. I can even see his tongue.

Teriffic. great clairty and color.

Oh now I know what you want !!!!!!! lololol

3. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Jay, these are great. No need to worry about 'up to standard'. 8)

Welcome to the Cafe!! Isn't it great to get to meet and shoot with some of the really nice folks you've met here? :wink:

4. Good Lord! If I were Bill, I would keep that lens far, far away from you! ;) These are fantastic! Please don't tell me these were handheld! :shock:

5. JayR

JayR

Jul 6, 2005
    Redmond, WA.
    Thanks for all your comments.

It was really nice to meet up with them & shoot. Really nice folks. I really appreciated Bill's offer to let me use his lens (whatever his motive :) ).

On the way back home, I cut up all my credit cards. I am still recovering from a 70-200VR purchase just last week.

These were not handheld. The lens was mounted on Bill's tripod with a gimbal type head.