1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Green Heron on the prowl

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Dave, Jul 25, 2008.

1. Dave

Dave

Feb 7, 2007
    Suwanee, GA
    1) Sulking around with the mohawk going
    [​IMG]

2) Still sporting the mohawk perched on a branch
    [​IMG]

3) slicked back now...on the prowl for a dragonfly it has spotted (you can BARELY see it (it's yellow) way off to the left near the edge)
    [​IMG]

4) The strike and the quick snack
    [​IMG]

2. cre8foru

cre8foru

Dec 1, 2007
    Atlanta GA
    great series of photos

3. Great Set Dave!!! Love this bird, it is so expressive!!

4. Dave

Dave

Feb 7, 2007
    Suwanee, GA
    Thanks...

Thanks Gary...they are very expressive birds, and also quicker than a cat when it comes to grabbing a fish or a dragonfly out of mid air!

5. russowl

russowl

Jun 9, 2008
    Lima,Ohio
    Great Shots !!!! I downto a local lake here yesterday trying to get one of these ,, seen a couple but never close enough to get a good pic,, this one is on my list.....

6. Dave

Dave

Feb 7, 2007
    Suwanee, GA
    Keep at it...they are actually pretty photogenic. Some days they could care less that I'm there shooting them, other days they are pretty jittery and fly away as soon as I get close. The key is to move slowly and act like you're not paying them any attention.

7. MFowler

MFowler

Apr 18, 2008
    Texas
    Love this series and the Gh is becoming my favorite to watch out at the lake. I was at the lake last week and had 2 GBH 1 LBH 3 GH and a GWE all in the same shot. They were just to far out to get a clean full frame.

8. super series, dave
    very well captured
    thanks for sharing them with us

9. Nice! Are those the same as a night heron? I've seen tons of them but can't recal the mohawk thing going ever

10. More great shots of a green heron. Well done Dave.

11. tech1961

tech1961

Jan 28, 2007
    Houston Tx.
    Great Greenie captures Dave

12. Dave

Dave

Feb 7, 2007
    Suwanee, GA
    Thanks Matt. That would have been cool to see all of those in one shot...

Thanks Greg.

They're a little different than the night heron...a night heron is white and black I believe.

Thanks Rich...

13. Dave

Dave

Feb 7, 2007
    Suwanee, GA
    Thanks for looking Jimmy!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.