Green Heron with Crest....

GH.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Have not imaged birds in almost 4 months, but I am please with this image.

enjoy.

Very nice capture Jeff. I love shots of these guys with the crest up. :smile:

Nice one Jeff. I have not seen a herons crest up like that before, either. That lens/tc does a great job - very sharp.

Love it! Nice capture of my favorite water birdie! LOL, I've only seen 1 with his crest up like that but was too far away for me to get a good shot at it! Perhaps he's looking for a girlfriend? :wink::rolleyes:

All:

Thanks. I was using binoculars when I first saw him....had seen one at the other end of this small pond surrounded by light industrial stuff. But the earlier bird (no pun intended) was just a spec in my 300/1.7 combo (which really is a true bargin price/performance wise).

I was just leaving when I spotted him....he flashed his crest just for a second as I watched. Then I got the camera out and just waited....he ate a fish and then displayed...I visit this pond about 20 times a year and each year always see something unusal. First time for the GH, they apparently only visit this location to breed. I will be watching for young as the other GH I'm sure was a female.

Again thanks for the comments.

R

Renate

That is one cool-looking bird, I've never seen anything like that before. I'm still enjoying the new wild-life here, it is so different than in the Netherlands.

Renate

Nice one Jeff. I have one that is perching in a tree (yes, perching) in the ravine behind that I'm trying to capture. Today's efforts were not so good, need more reach.....

Latest threads

Top Bottom