Green Herons and Egrets from the Alligator Farm

PGB

Joined
Jan 25, 2005
Messages
7,986
All from the Alligator Farm in St. Augustine.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
 
Joined
Jan 25, 2005
Messages
12,409
Location
East Norriton, PA
Wow nice series seems to be the day for green herons, I love the second one, what a great perspective. The last is my next favorite. Keep them coming.
 

PGB

Joined
Jan 25, 2005
Messages
7,986
mike mac said:
Wow nice series seems to be the day for green herons, I love the second one, what a great perspective. The last is my next favorite. Keep them coming.
Thanks Mike, I had a great time taking them. I was about 8 feet from the second one looking down from a walkway.
 

PGB

Joined
Jan 25, 2005
Messages
7,986
jfenton said:
Hi Patrick...

Don't you just love those little green herons?

Nice shots :)
Jim, they are very cute. Supposedly we have one here locally that Frank see's and captures. I think its a plastic heron that he takes to the pond on slow bird days. :)
 
Joined
Jan 25, 2005
Messages
994
Location
Alabama
Great shots Patrick. It's about time that you got around to processing and posting them. 8)

My Little Green Heron is not plastic BTW (it's made of modeling clay....;-)).

Frank
 
Joined
Jan 25, 2005
Messages
2,495
Location
Huntsville, Alabama
Sweet shots Patrick!! The colors in the green heron shots....especially the first explode out of the pic. The last snowy egret shot is just splendid!! :) :) :) :)
 

PGB

Joined
Jan 25, 2005
Messages
7,986
Flew said:
Great shots Patrick. It's about time that you got around to processing and posting them. 8)

My Little Green Heron is not plastic BTW (it's made of modeling clay....;-)).

Frank
I figured you for a "play doh" guy myself.... :lol:
 
Joined
Feb 19, 2005
Messages
8,677
Location
Alabama
Good Job Patrick....that trip was so much fun! I only wish I'd gotten as many fabulous shots as you did....maybe when my D2X comes in we can go back and I can show you what I can REALLY do!
 
Joined
Jan 29, 2005
Messages
3,423
Location
Edmonton, Alberta
Hi Patrick......

great series, but #4 is AWESOME 8) Cool shot and you nailed it. Very envious of you birders out east. Still waiting for the 12-18 inches of ice to melt. Too fricken cold :shock: For now have to live through all your shots to get me through it, our 6 weeks of summer just doesnt cut it!

Keith
 
Joined
Jan 26, 2005
Messages
3,479
Location
Florida
Patrick and Leigh,
Where are the alligator shots? Do they still have an albino alligator there.

Wonderful shots and know you're happy with them.

I'll meet you there next time and we'll storm the place with our big cameras and lenses :lol:

Best to you both and thanks,
Gaye
 

PGB

Joined
Jan 25, 2005
Messages
7,986
GeeJay said:
Patrick and Leigh,
Where are the alligator shots? Do they still have an albino alligator there.

Wonderful shots and know you're happy with them.

I'll meet you there next time and we'll storm the place with our big cameras and lenses :lol:

Best to you both and thanks,
Gaye
Yes they do have an albino. I have some gators somewhere on my drive but birds are my fav. I'll try to post some gators tonight.

Thanks everyone for the responses.
 
Joined
Mar 31, 2005
Messages
14,461
Location
Toronto Canada
Patrick, Love them all, but esp the last one - couldn't ask for better lighting for a wing spread shot! Keep sharing please.
 

PGB

Joined
Jan 25, 2005
Messages
7,986
TOLady said:
Patrick, Love them all, but esp the last one - couldn't ask for better lighting for a wing spread shot! Keep sharing please.
Thanks Sandi, and everyone for looking. I'll post more as I have time to process some.

This was a much needed trip that Leigh and I took. We had a blast!
 
Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom