Green Herons and Egrets from the Alligator Farm

Discussion in 'Birds' started by PGB, Mar 27, 2005.

1. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    All from the Alligator Farm in St. Augustine.

18366369-O.
    18366372-O.
    18366374-O.
    18366367-O.

2. Wow nice series seems to be the day for green herons, I love the second one, what a great perspective. The last is my next favorite. Keep them coming.

3. jfenton

jfenton

Jan 26, 2005
    Haverhill, MA
    Hi Patrick...

Don't you just love those little green herons?

Nice shots :)

4. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    Thanks Mike, I had a great time taking them. I was about 8 feet from the second one looking down from a walkway.

5. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    Jim, they are very cute. Supposedly we have one here locally that Frank see's and captures. I think its a plastic heron that he takes to the pond on slow bird days. :)

6. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Great shots Patrick. It's about time that you got around to processing and posting them. 8)

My Little Green Heron is not plastic BTW (it's made of modeling clay....;-)).

Frank

7. Sweet shots Patrick!! The colors in the green heron shots....especially the first explode out of the pic. The last snowy egret shot is just splendid!! :) :) :) :)

8. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    I figured you for a "play doh" guy myself.... :lol:

9. #2 and #4 are fantastic shots. Excellent detail and great separation from the background.

10. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Good Job Patrick....that trip was so much fun! I only wish I'd gotten as many fabulous shots as you did....maybe when my D2X comes in we can go back and I can show you what I can REALLY do!

11. Hi Patrick......

great series, but #4 is AWESOME 8) Cool shot and you nailed it. Very envious of you birders out east. Still waiting for the 12-18 inches of ice to melt. Too fricken cold :shock: For now have to live through all your shots to get me through it, our 6 weeks of summer just doesnt cut it!

Keith

12. GeeJay

GeeJay

Jan 26, 2005
    Florida
    Patrick and Leigh,
    Where are the alligator shots? Do they still have an albino alligator there.

Wonderful shots and know you're happy with them.

I'll meet you there next time and we'll storm the place with our big cameras and lenses :lol:

Best to you both and thanks,
    Gaye

13. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    Yes they do have an albino. I have some gators somewhere on my drive but birds are my fav. I'll try to post some gators tonight.

Thanks everyone for the responses.

14. mrdinh

mrdinh

Mar 8, 2005
    North Dakota
    spread wings!...the last one is awesome!!!

15. The herons are good but the egrets are special. The last is my fovorite.

16. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    WOW Really great Patrick.

Gooooood Job....

Play Doh ahahahahaha that is what i was thinking. :>))

Regards
    Gale

17. Superb

Superb, that second shot is absolutely fantastic. Nice to see a different perspective.

Stu

18. Patrick, Love them all, but esp the last one - couldn't ask for better lighting for a wing spread shot! Keep sharing please.

19. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    Thanks Sandi, and everyone for looking. I'll post more as I have time to process some.

This was a much needed trip that Leigh and I took. We had a blast!

20. great shots Patrick, sorry I didnt respond sooner.