1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Green Lady Killer

Discussion in 'Film Forum' started by Chris101, Jun 16, 2007.

1. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    [​IMG]

This is indie band Green Lady Killers' drummer, Cherry Bomb.

[​IMG]

Becky's realtor plays lead guitar and sings.

[​IMG]

2. Love the first shot the best! And thanks for the link. Spooky is pretty cool!

3. um... cute underwear.

4. NikonConvert

NikonConvert

Jul 13, 2005
    Amsterdam
    Nice set Chris! I like the first one best. I guess this is pretty high ISO film, which one is it? That is some super grain!

5. Wow (checks the year) that scene reminds me of the clubs I hung out in and the bands I saw back in Denver in the early 1980s. They even have that sound for the most part.

Nice to see such things still exist.

Love the photos.

6. Cool Chris!

The 1,000,000$ question: Is it a real girl? :Crunk:

7. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Thanks Greg - they sound even better in person!

Actually it's trix souped in HC110b. However, due to a clever mixup, it got developed as if it had been exposed at iso 200, even though it was exposed at iso 800. :Sad:

They are red vinyl panties Stephen. Get it... Cherry Bomb...?? !

Thanks Ed! I'm sure the 80's were hip, but I just hid from the whole disco scene.

Thanks Ned. Yes.

Well, I'm pretty sure anyway ...

8. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Ya know. You've got me wondering now. What do you think:

[​IMG]

9. matthew.paul

matthew.paul Guest

All great shots, Chris. The dirty grain and tones really captures this band.

10. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Heh. "Dirty grain". I like that. Thanks Matthew!

11. Disco???

Here's a fairly good history of the scene that sucked me in and kept me busy nights.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2007
  12. yeh i like that term too "Dirty Grain"
    sort of like what happens when you have lots of snow all the time and you develop a thousand or so different discriptor words for 'snow'

the second image is my favorite, followed by the first

13. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    I've never been to Denver but that doc looks pretty wild - I skimmed it. When things get slow at work tomorrow, I'll print it out and digest it. In Phoenix, the 60's died in 1979, and the 80s were like the long straight beep of a post-mortem heart monitor.

14. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Thanks Rodney. Let's see, there is structured grain, golf ball grain, fine and course grains, chunky grain, and now dirty grain. Oh and noise. which is what you call it if you want to start a fight. :Wink:

Here's another picture. Sam is in this one.
    [​IMG]

15. ...yeh i was gonna say:....at leasty the dirty grain, ain't dirty noise

funny how pop and crackle noise on vinyl is acceptable, but noise on compact disc transports is...noise...jittery noise

i like this last photo...makes me think that all figures in image have cameras dangling from their neck...why would i think that?

the title of this set makes me run the catch line of some youthpop song thru my head.....'listen while i play...my green tamborine..'

16. BigPixel

BigPixel Guest

Chris....you're too good to plop everything you do here. Please be more selective Brah! For example, the fortune teller babe in the BG of the last image post shows real potential. Perhaps we will never see eye to eye on compositionn and content...You are one of the most prolific, experimental posters here and that's good. I'd just like to see more of your "A" stuff on a regular basis. But then again, maybe you approach posting here differently than me. Maybe its an ongoing seminar I'm witnessing, not an attempt to post your favorite images.....

17. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    You want me to stop? I don't post everything I do, that's for sure! If I make a picture that's interesting to me, I post it here sometimes. I don't think about what you, or anyone else might think about it. If I did, I would post a lot less!

I do like the negative feedback though. It helps me see where my photographs fit. A spectrum of critique will help me look for photos that I haven't seen before. And that, to me, is what this is all about.

Now that's a guy.

18. BigPixel

BigPixel Guest

cogito ergo drink. don't pay any attention to me when I sound like I did. Bad Mike surfaces.

19. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Oh! I thought it was in vinum, veritas that was in operation!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.