1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Green-winged Teal

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Louis Champan, Feb 10, 2019.

1. Stopped down at the local pond the other day and found quite a few teal but not much else.
    500_3775-3 72wf.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Louie

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Really nice detail, Louie. I love the drops of water and the fine patterns in the feathers. Not a duck's best head angle IMO.

3. Very sharp with lots of detail.

4. Thanks Dan, no matter how long I stood there he wouldn't get into another position so I just took what I could.

Thanks Allan. I tried a couple things a little different in processing just to see how it would be received.

5. Can you blame him? He was keeping an eye on that shady looking character with the camera :D 

They never seem to learn that if they'd just give us a pose we'd go away.

6. You're so right. Eagles are the worst, you'll find them perched in a tree and they will literally sit there for hours, while I'm waiting for them to launch and fly away. And, it never failed the instance I look away they're gone and I've missed the entire action scene.

7. Great shot, the feathers look like I could reach into the photo and touch them.

8. Beautiful image and detail. I like the pose.

9. Thanks everyone for all of your comments, much appreciated.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.