greenhouse project

When we first moved in there was this horrible large wood log store

5ggr0ga.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Well Sue (my wife ) wanted one of those plastic covered frame jobs that would not even last a winter. I said if you want a greenhouse lets get a proper glass one. So I decided that ugly thing had to go. well what a job it was doing just that, even the roof tiles were double nailed to the battens.
Atr last manage to dismantle it (took 2 days and a chain saw).

AlR3UmB.jpg

at last it had gone just to get rid of the rubble but the refuse council site limited how much one could take any one time, so we went to two places to get rid of about 50 of these plastic bags

d23OE4F.jpg

Ok now I could check out the space, problem being not very big and a vine tree which I wanted to keep. The only size I could mananage was 5ft x 4ft small but would fit at an angle. Managed to find a supplier so ordered one.
Next was to prepare the site first with a sub base
sqG4EuI.jpg

then bought paving slabes these heavy ones not the thinner garden type and had to cut 2 in half and put 3 halves in the middle. I do have a big stone cutter so no problem
in cutting. slabs now down and getting level wasn't easy
the amout of time I spent with making up a wood frame to see it anything would fit you would not believe

ao26mPs.jpg

Greenhouse arrived again as a flat pack build it yourself. took a day to build so photo taken that same night

sqOHaGe.jpg

Yippee now for the inside
Managed to find some plastic staging which fitted perfectly

total time so far 4/5 months due to amount allowed to dump at any one time

but behind still a mess
so bought some red slabs and cut to fit
W0WO3aG.jpg

looking better and avoided the vine

Needed somewheree as storage for the plant pots again only a small scace to fit something in so found this
p4P6dGd.jpg

fitted in just right

Project over

Successful? judge for yourself

FJC0K9m.jpg

as we lost a bit of pathway at the front of the greenhouse I laid some odds and ends to walk on
So please we went for a glass greenhouse which has been there for at least 5 years now

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
You HAVE been busy!
That is just part of it, there was another wood log store on the side of the house which extended across the old conservatory. Took that down as well.

could show the conservatory project another time a complete rebuild from the dwarf wall up, had a firm in for that.

This house used to belong to an old lady who decided to have a couple live in to look after here. When she died they were left the house. Huge mistake he was a "so called builder" with his own firm until it went bust. Builder ? not fit to build a leggo kit, whatever he touched he wrecked.
I will show the porch project another time as well, something else I had to fix.
that is just the outside
Inside complete redecoration , new boiler -new range master induction oven (the one left grease up inside and parts not working) New bathroon -new ensuite etc etc. believe me a lot of work putting things right

Last edited:
Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom