Greetings fellow Nikon shooters

It's an honor to be here. thankyou Harris and Janet for the invite.
Just testing. 12mm

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Hey, it works!
Regards

Hey Craig, glad you joined. Things will progress and get better with time. Realize both Frank and Patrick do this in their spare time.

Photo looks great to me.

Backdoctor said:
Hey Craig, glad you joined. Things will progress and get better with time. Realize both Frank and Patrick do this in their spare time.

Photo looks great to me.
Thanx Harris. Nice work Frank and Patrick!

Re: Hmmm

CraigH. said:
Is it me or did my photo lose some dynamic range when posted here? looks darker too.
Hey, Craig, good to see you here. As to the image, I'll agree with you, looks darker. Then again, I have no idea what the one you are comparing it to looks like so how the heck would I know :?: :wink:

If you have a link to the one for comparison, let us know and we can compare....

Re: Hmmm

Retief said:
CraigH. said:
Is it me or did my photo lose some dynamic range when posted here? looks darker too.
Hey, Craig, good to see you here. As to the image, I'll agree with you, looks darker. Then again, I have no idea what the one you are comparing it to looks like so how the heck would I know :?: :wink:

If you have a link to the one for comparison, let us know and we can compare....
thanx, heres a link http://www.pbase.com/craigh/image/26525245

Maybe it's jut me. the pbas matt is darker so it may appear lighter.

Craig

Welcome aboard, nice to see you here, great first post, your pic looks good, I think the dark frame at pbase made it look brighter.

I agree....

The darker background makes it look "better". The strange think is that I would call the pbase link "more contrasty", the white background/matt washes things out a bit, I think. Man, aren't we picky.......

greyflash said:
Hi Craig, it's nice to have you hear with the group. Looking at your picture (which I like by the way) it appears on my calibrated monitor to be a little underexposed. The snow has a grey cast to it.

Gordon
hi Gordon
yah i think your right. I was pushing it abit to capture this scene. was well beyond the cameras capability. I probally could of blended exposures to get it all.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom