Greetings from the United Kingdom...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Doug Barber, Apr 7, 2005.

1. Greetings all:
    Thought I would pop in to say hello.... Will not stay long as internet connections are not as easy as I had thought they would be.
    I'm slowly figuring out how to get around in this country and boy there is sure a lot of people live here. For one who lives in the wilds of Canada, I'm having a bit of a time trying to compose a photo that does not have a bunch of people wondering through it...
    Did I say there is a lot of people living here yet....lol… Oh to have some (SPACE) again.
    Anyway, have not processed images yet. But will do that when I get home. For now I just dump cards onto a portable HD and hope I don't loose them.
    Here are a couple samples... Sorry if they don't come out very good as one never knows what the deal is with internet cafe monitors.
    Talk to you when I'm back home.
    All my Best
    Doug

Cambridge England

View attachment 7126

2. Very, very nice, Doug!
    (from an understanding fellow Canadian: Lots of space here, BUT lots of snow still covering all that space :) , so I guess you're doing all right!)

3. tweber

tweber

Feb 12, 2005
    St. Louis
    Hey Doug

Those shots look beautiful. I hope you have a great trip! Thanks for filling us in.

Tom

4. F15Todd

F15Todd

Feb 1, 2005
    Tennessee
    Doug, I didn't know you were in my part of the
    world. Where in the UK are you staying?

5. Wow Doug, beautiful, simply beautiful. We have missed your posts and it is nice to see these two image. Well done and I hope you are having fun.

6. Great shots Doug!! :) :) :)

7. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Nice shots Doug. Maybe you should get out of the country more often.... 8)

Frank

8. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

9. Lovely moody shots.

If you want more space, see if you can get North of Manchester - that's where the population starts to dwindle out and open space becomes predominant. Of course - if you head to the North of Scotland, you'd find plenty of space and some scenes that probably look a bit like Canada in places :D

10. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Hi Doug,

So glad you stopped by and remembered us. If that is any example of what you will be sharing with us, I can't wait.

Beautiful images Doug.

11. Snow?!? We don' need no steenkin' snow. :x

I'm supposed to visit Ottawa, Montreal, Quebec City and Cape Beton Island in 6 weeks! Please say it'll be gone by then? :(

Rich

12. Hi Doug,

You will have lots of posts to catch up on when you get back.

Your work on these two pictures are awesome and the greenery is something else.

13. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Doug, your photos, whether people or scenery have a particular feel to them. And I like the feeling. Thanks for sending these pics back for us to see.

14. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Beautiful images on England, Doug!

You did a great job on these pics. I be that was a culture shock to go to such a populous place. Have fun, and keep them coming if you can!

15. You'll be OK by then, Rich. I expect that my golf club will be open for play around April 20 or so....FORE!!!!! :D :D
    Looks like you will have some nice photo ops on your trip. Enjoy and be sure to show off a few here :)

16. Greetings all:
    Thanks for the kinda words.... and I'll talk to you when I get back.