Grey Bellied Shooters stalking prey

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Trish5, Sep 28, 2005.

1. Trish5

Trish5

Mar 31, 2005
    In hindsight a better shot would have been an attempt at the RR flip as this old grey shooter is known for tossing peanuts into his beak...
    [​IMG]

Interesting to observe the behavior of these old birds. They remain quiet as they stalk, motionless...until the pray is just out of reach...then they begin this kind of primal scream...pretty darn cool to watch them in action!
    [​IMG]

:wink:

2. cknight

cknight

May 2, 2005
    Madison, AL
    Next time, attach a small bird shaped object on to a fishing pole and line. Dangle it in front of enlarged third eye and move it back an forth. Watch how they react to the stimulus. Hours of enjoyment guaranteed. If they won't let you get close enough, try waddling like a duck.

3. OMG, Trish! Those were the scariest birds I've seen at Viera, yet!! :eek:

Were they a mated pair? :Love:

:wink:

4. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Don't know about the second one, but the first looks a little like a boiled lobster. Probably should have used a little sun block. :eek:

I had a great time shooting with all of you guys and gals. When I get caught up on my sleep, I'll actually post some pics. :rolleyes:

5. this is a hoot and brought a BIG grin to my face to start the day!

6. They bear a striking resemblace to the "Gray Crowned Coot" of which I am a member :biggrin:

Rich

7. HarryB

HarryB

Jan 28, 2005
    Viera, Florida
    The second guy is just too good looking to say. That first shooter has been in the sun way too long. Thats not too unusual when those Northerners come down South though.

8. HarryB

HarryB

Jan 28, 2005
    Viera, Florida
    Hey Trish,

Here's a shot of one of our shooters that you missed

:biggrin: :eek:

9. bfjr

bfjr Guest

I been trying to reply to this, but every time I do my computer CRASHES!! :eek: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

I'm so jealous of you guys and gals get together, really feel I missed a great time!

10. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Wish you could have been there Ben. What a great bunch of folks!! They make me feel right at home every time I go down. :smile:

11. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Tridh these are really great.. sometimes more fun doing this than shooting the other birds LOLOLOL

Grey Crowned Coots. lol Like that one.....

My MY- I didn't see that yummy ice cream with MY lunch :>)))))))

Harry your bad. :>))