1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Gritty look

Discussion in 'Retouching and Post Processing' started by Zachs, Apr 9, 2007.

1. Zachs

Zachs

Feb 25, 2006
    NC
    How do you do this:
    [​IMG]

I'm really interested in this look, especially after seeing the movie "300".

I am very familiar with Photoshop, but neither me nor my designer friend can figure this out.

2. I'm interested as well! I had the same thought after watching "300"... how would I go about getting that "bronze" look using Photoshop.

3. I heard of a software program today used by the film industry and recently offerred to photographers. I will look for the info again and list it here. I am not certain this was a feature but based on the price of the software and large number of effects offerred I would bet it might.
    Dave

4. Gr8Tr1x

Gr8Tr1x Guest

That first pic is the result of a Dragan technique...plugins can be found on the net.

5. that sure saves me some time!

6. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    also search dpr retouching forum for a bunch of tuts

7. Just saw this in my NAPP newsletter. Looks like Dave Cross has a short video tute on this very thing

Gritty Photo Effect
    Use a channels adjustment, noise filter, and the Apply Image command to create a dramatic, gritty look for your photos.
    By Dave Cross

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.