Grizzlies near Lamar River

We are camped near West Yellowstone for a couple of days. Today we drove up to the Lamar Valley in Yellowstone Park. We saw lots of bison, elk, pronghorn, mountain goats, grey wolf, 3 black bears, and a mother grizzly with two cubs. I'll be editing the photos when I get home. But here is the mother bear with her cubs. It's not amazing like Bill's photos, but at least I have a memory of the excitement. There were so many cars and people trying to get a shot it was a crazy, chaotic time. They were by the river for a few minutes then took off towards the trees.

DSC_6516-Edit.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

It's always exciting to see bears! It's disappointing that there were so many people there. I'm sure it will be infinitely worse when I arrive in Lamar Valley in July.

Glenn
Glenn, you're a brave man. The National Parks are going to be jam packed this summer. So much pent up travel demand in this country. I put my plans on hold until the fall.

It's always exciting to see bears! It's disappointing that there were so many people there. I'm sure it will be infinitely worse when I arrive in Lamar Valley in July.

Glenn
I'm sure it will be worse in July. We are going to Glacier NP in July and I'm worried about the crowds there. I hope you get to see some bears then. Bill keeps a close eye on the bear situation. Maybe he will have some good info for you.

Glenn, you're a brave man. The National Parks are going to be jam packed this summer. So much pent up travel demand in this country. I put my plans on hold until the fall.
It will still be crowded in the fall. There were more visitors in Grand Teton NP in September last year than I ever remember. We are going to Glacier in July.....probably a big mistake.

Latest threads

Top Bottom