Grocery Store Irises

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by Beezle, Apr 8, 2007.

1. Happened to see some blue irises in the grocery store yesterday. This motley crew.

_D2X2262-web.

They were kind enough to volunteer to sit for me for a bit of a timelapse.

_D217990-web.

Looks pretty messy, but I'll post the movie when I get it done.

2. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    I like it. Thanks for also showing us your setup.

Regards to you.

3. Thanks. I just wish I had given it more thought before I started it up. The mangled pile of flowers I now have isn't as nice as it could have been.

4. Okay, this QuickTime movie is up here. It is rather large at about 32 MB.

This one is unfortunate in that I should have given the arrangement, number of flowers and lighting a bit more thought before I let it go, but the result is still fun to watch as it builds to a medusa 'O irises.

I will probably not leave this one up very long, depending on how much bandwidth it takes up. The limits one gets on the sort of server I use are pretty high, so it should be there for at least this week.

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    lolol
    Not out of the garden...lolol Bez your a riot.

I have to look at the movie. I sure love them.

6. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    That is just to neat:>)))
    Just love it Ed thank You
    Grocery flowers, thats a hoot

Waiting for you to swipe a pretty rose from the garden ....eeeekkkkkk...lol

7. lisantica

lisantica

Jul 4, 2006
    So. Calif.
    Love it! Kept wife happy too this time staying out of her garden :biggrin:

Lisa

8. lisantica

lisantica

Jul 4, 2006
    So. Calif.
    Ed, how long were you shooting for on this one? How many frames? Were you clicking every 5 min. or 10 min?

I'm going to try a quicker opening flower next time as to not upset the family every 5 minutes with the popping sound of the flash unit! LOL

Lisa

9. sonuj2

sonuj2

May 11, 2006
    Naperville, IL
    Very neat video Ed. What was the interval set on the camera?

10. Beezle, get a free account at www.half-lime.com and post your videos there. They're not compressed like YouTube. They'll take 640x480 and up to 100MB in size!

Wowwww, love this video!

11. Thanks much everyone.

This one was shot at a 6 minute interval for 264 frames. Had I known how it was going to behave time wise, I would have done 4 or even 3 minutes.

Reason being more subtle changes are picked up. If you saw that last white iris movie I did, there is a very nice wave to the right petal as it opens. That sort of delicate movement is what I am trying to capture.

I just bought some giant CF cards, so that will make capturing more detail easier. Yeah, I know I could tether it, but keeping a computer fully on, capturing images for days at a time is a pain in these quarters. Once I have more room I'll use a computer just for this.

12. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    That's beautiful, Ed.

13. Neat video Ed....really well done :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: