Groomsmen gift ideas?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Paintguru, Apr 28, 2007.

1. Paintguru

Paintguru

Dec 28, 2006
    Detroit, MI
    Anyone have any unique groomsmen gift ideas? I have no idea what would be nice to get them in the range of $20-50. I don't want to get something cliche like a mug or a money clip. Thanks in advance :smile:

2. Knives
    Swords
    Anything eletronic
    Cool flashlights
    Planners
    Fishing stuff
    The newly released movie "Flyboys".

Well, these are some things I would like :biggrin: .

3. I think gift cards are flexible and appreciated.

Sean

4. Doug

Doug

Jan 17, 2006
    East TN
    I picked up a new energizer Hard Case 3 LED bulb flashlight at Home Depot that was like 12 bucks, LED is supposed to last like 17000 hours, and uses 2 AA batts. Granted, you will need a few power cells to achieve 17000 hs.

but you could do a gift like that, and attach a 25 buck Home Depot card. to it or something?

FYI, the small flashlight is sitting next to my computer, handy for working inside a computer, looking at something detail oriented, whatever. Comes with velcro close case. Good glove box size or console too.

5. My wife found some nifty, ornate, silver (plated) yo-yo's for my groomsmen. I forget the cost (we've been married for 35 years) but it was not unreasonable. The gift had a certain appeal because the idea of a fancy silver yo-yo is a bit odd, yet they were quite well made, had a wonderful heft, and the guys all had fun with them.

I'd say hunt around for something different so that the gift will be treasured and remembered. It need not be expensive, but it should be unique and of high quality. In addition, I believe the most appreciated gift is often something the groomsmen would ordinarily not purchase for themselves.

Do NOT give them gift cards. Nothing says "low rent" and lack of imagination quite like a gift card. Spend some time doing research (as you're doing now) and pick something that shows you put some thought into it. Remember, it really is the thought that counts.

Bob

6. Could someone please tell me what are Groomsmen.
    Thanks, Roy. :confused: :frown:

7. On the flashlight idea, I think an I-Sight makes for a great gift and it's cheap enough. I use mine for working under the desk and attaching cables. Great product.

8. HappyFish

HappyFish

Oct 19, 2006
    Table/lap dance at the local club. One size fits all and they can get it in their favorite color!

9. Phil Lee

Phil Lee

Jan 17, 2007
    Sale, UK
    I think they are along the lines of ushers. Here in the UK we normally have a best man and a couple of ushers as I'm sure you're aware. The term "groomsmen" doesn't exist here.