Ground pod.

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by kramp, Oct 24, 2005.

1. Made myself a small ground pod for that low down work, still need to make some different feet for it these ones are good for moss in low light when I want it firmly attached to the ground, with no mirror lockup I find it hard to get sharp pictures at certain shutter speeds so I wanted something very solid.

Next I want to make a set of skids for when I want to slide it around on the ground for birds.
    [​IMG]
    Really haven't had time to try it out but I did take a picture with it of this small mushroom by my pond.
    [​IMG]

What do you use for ground pods, I have a couple of tripods that go low but I find them springy in that position, plus if there sitting on the moss its just not solid.

Martin

2. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

Cool ideal...
    I just wish my old body could get down on the ground to use something like that... Well I can get down there... it is getting up that is the hard part. :mad:

3. That's why I use an angle finder makes it easy on the body and helps with the focusing. :smile:

Martin

4. Baywing

Baywing

Feb 22, 2005
    CT USA
    I just reverse the center post of my Bogen and hang the camera from the bottom. The right angle finder does make things easier, too.

5. Pretty wicked looking spikes.. :eek: ...you could also use it to defend yourself if attacked in a dark Vancouver alley... :cool:

6. Beanbag, camera bag, stump, ground itself, jacket, anything handy. I am too lazy to pack much around with me, so I get creative with camera support.

7. Martin i use Kirk low pod, it's very good on solid ground but most of the time mushroom grow on soft ground almost like a sponge, so with the RRS ballhead and the camera on top it's unbalance, you have to hold the pod down with one hand and use the remote cable to take the picture.

[​IMG]

8. Thanks for sharing your ground pod ideas, next thing I need is a bean bag.

Martin