Group portrait attempt

Discussion in 'People' started by Mitchell, Apr 8, 2007.

1. My nephews were in town for a visit. I took the opportunity to try a larger group portrait. An SB800 in an umbrella was used as the key light with a second one used for fill.

Any comments on the lighting here? Does anyone like the muslin? My wife hates it.:frown:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. frede

frede

Dec 9, 2006
    Princeton, NJ
    Very nice Mitchell. The lighting looks good to me. Honestly, I'm not crazy about the backdrop.

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Very nice
    The first one is set up really nice. Good work
    I like the light and background

I am far from a portrait photog.
    But I would be darn pleased

4. Great job!!

This is a great shot. Lighting looks great but it is hard to get that many kids to all look at you. The backdrop is all right but I agrre with your wife.

Sarah

5. Gr8Tr1x

Gr8Tr1x Guest

The kids look like theyre into it. Great portrait.

6. Hey Mitchell. Great job on the portraits, but I'm not feeling the backdrop...mainly because it adds nothing to the pic. There are so many other things going on as far as color goes, it really doesn't "fit" into the shot...

7. get portraits

8. Keith, thanks for the comments.

I really should have planned the clothing better for this shot, but it was a spontaneous thing. In retrospect, the backdrop was a mistake as you point out. I would have been better off with my black muslin.

9. Thanks, Fred. I appreciate your lighting comment.

That settles it. This backdrop may never see the light of day again!:biggrin: