Grouse: Yet another sign of spring in Thunder Bay

This morning seems to be a day of gathering in my yard. First the white tail deer are meandering closer to the house and now this Grouse in our crab apple tree.
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Real Name
Dan
Nicely captured, Bob. Being the mental giants of the forest that they are, grouse are the only thing my dog is able to catch now and then. She'd pretty much given up on birds in favor of chasing squirrels. Until she caught her first grouse. Now she is bird dog through and through.

Nicely captured, Bob. Being the mental giants of the forest that they are, grouse are the only thing my dog is able to catch now and then. She'd pretty much given up on birds in favor of chasing squirrels. Until she caught her first grouse. Now she is bird dog through and through.
Our Trooper is an "anything that moves dog". He just recently caught a chipmunk for the first time ever..shook it around and looked saddened to see it didn't survive.
Nicely framed and lit---snow does make a good reflector.
Yes and we have ample reflectors, even at this time of year.
What a good looking bird Bob, and you've captured it very well with super detail and isolation.
They are a nice looking bird. Seem to be in good health around here. Not too bright ( cognitively ) I've had a few that had decided to be hood ornaments over the years.

Nice bird in the open image. Sharp - well done. I have never seen one of them.
We usually have a couple hanging around the yard. The males display when they are courting is very colourful
Taken last year.
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom