grrr insulted :(

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by phecksel, Aug 20, 2008.

1. Last year I did the girls swim team and XC team individual and team photos more as a favor to the coaches. Made some money, but not a bunch, get more off the action shots. The alleged pro, who's work I happen to really dislike, didn't show up. So this year I assumed (I know there's that word assume), I was going to get the same teams again this year. I didn't, coaches are blaming the AD, AD is blaming the coaches. Swim coach had the gall to ask me to take the "dressy" team photo, for the year book pic. Yea right, I'll jump right at the pro bono work while someone who does the crap work and doesn't support the schools gets the pay work.

[/whine off]

2. Hang in there buddy. Hopefully they will realize their mistake and sign you on permanently with a contract after this guy screws up again.

3. That sucks, I don't blame you for getting peeved. Hopefully things turn out for you.

4. i'll be hoping this gets straightened out, as well

5. Sanford504

Sanford504

Mar 27, 2008
    Yeadon, PA
    Oh, man that really sucks! However, I'm a firm believer in "what goes around, comes around." Just remember, "The bee is such a busy soul, he has no time for birth control. And that is why in times like these, there are so many, SONS OF BEES."

6. It really does suck. It is a good example of why working for nothing or next to nothing just to get more work doesn't work.

Take your talents and market them to someone that appreciates you. Or agree to do the "dressy" shots this year for a certain minimum price tag.

Gary

7. Randy

Randy

May 11, 2006
    you did the right thing, just walk away
    i had a similiar gig last summer and after the new team manager tried to get my team pic for cheap he told me someone else was gonna do the team pic (one of the dad's it turned out) so I told him I would not be able to shot the meets since the team shot reveneue was what made up the diff in revenue...there's always another gig or game, hang in there

8. I'll continue to shoot the meets ... Mostly because I'm already there, and I get bored sitting around for hours waiting.

9. Randy

Randy

May 11, 2006
    if i had a kid swimming i'd do the same thing but for me it was a 40min ride each way although sales were pretty good from each meet but i had to make a statement and not go back

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.