1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Grumpy Old Man....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by watsonD50, Jul 12, 2007.

1. Just wanted to share a quick sotry with ya'll. Last wednesday I decided to shoot the Boat Parade in Murrells Inlet, S.C. for the 4th. Standing next to me was a older gentelemen somewhere in his 80s. He was interested in my camera and said he was a long-time film shooter who used Nikon, Leica, Hasselblad and traveled abroad quite a bit. I was facinated in conversing with him hoping to learn from his experience but things took a downward turn fast. He asked me what camera I shoot with and I stated 'Nikon'. He responded by saying, "yes, I am very familiar with Nikon, I used Nikon a long time ago it was the worst S***T I ever used, total junk, they never did make a good product." My wife told me later on (jokingly of course) that I should have beat him with my 70-300 VR, but instead I kinda laughed to myself about the whole thing and we did end up talking on end for an hour or so, but avoided the subject of 'Nikon'.

2. The chemist

The chemist

Jul 22, 2005
    nashville
    For me that is just one of the things that keeps me going. To be the person at mono lake with the large format against a slew of nikon's with 17-35's or canon's with 16-35's. Against a football stadium full of canon's with a d2x and 400 2.8. A medium format with digital back or any variety of bellows and tubes in the local botanical garden!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.