GTO run

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by Shrek, Jun 28, 2007.

1. Shrek

Shrek

Jul 1, 2005
    Kansas City
  2. GastheerG

GastheerG Guest

Nice! Love teh colors!

3. Great shots Gil!

Anthony

4. Very cool.

5. josh99ta

josh99ta

Mar 13, 2007
    Nashville, TN
    I'm a little partial to GTOs myself. :) Great pictures.

6. Hey... What a cool set of hot rods..... These are made here in my home town in Adelaide Australia, and are based on the Holden Monaro. But the GTO got the traditional grille, different taillights and interior treatment... They are just great looking cars... And you manage to get some even greater looking photos of them....

They were going to make a convertible but I think that it has been shelved, heres a link on an article about them if your interested...

http://www.webwombat.com.au/motoring/news_reports/holden-marilyn.htm

7. MITeggy17

MITeggy17 Guest

Nice shots, I'm lovin' the rolling ones.

8. Shrek

Shrek

Jul 1, 2005
    Kansas City
    Thanks for all the kind words everyone. I was really excited to go on the cruise with my buddy. Being a fan of fast sporty cars, I was very eager to get some shots. I am glad they turned out the way they did. Its such a sweet car. Lots of muscle for a fairly little price.

Yeah there have been a lot of GTO's in this area that have added some of the Holden parts to them. One popular item is the side marker lights that take the place of the GTO badge on the side. I almost bought one after my buddy got one but it wasn't in the cards at the time and since they stopped making them with that body style in 2006, I will just have to save for my original (realistic) dream car (corvette).

Thanks for the article I will check it out.

Again thanks for all the kind words.

9. SCRacer

SCRacer

Apr 12, 2006
    Iowa
    Great Shots. My boyfriend would love to have a GTO.

10. I think these cars are an abomination to the GTO nameplate but the photos are great and I like the colors :smile:

11. dmoores

dmoores

Jan 15, 2006
    I always wondered what "GTO" stands for?

12. dsp921

dsp921

May 16, 2006
    Gran Turismo Omologato (for both Ferrari and Pontiac...)
    That's Italian for a race car that has been made street legal, or something like that.

13. Great shots!