GU16 Soccer

Been working on taking better photos and touching them up in lightroom, I am new to editing so be kind to me! Anyways pics are from soccer tournament, this past weekend championship game went it to OT and then to PK's where my daughter stopped 3 to keep her team alive then a 4th one to win! 9 Pk's taken during the shootout!

_DSC1640-M.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

_DSC1717-M.jpg

_DSC1530-M.jpg

Just a couple, still working on them and my daughters who is the Keeper

Hello Eric,

Great to see a sport I recognise! :biggrin:. I'm no expert but my take on your pics (being gentle!:smile:) are :-

Nice capture, shutter speeds a bit low @ 500th for a kick (ISO only 250!, get up to 400/640 without any loss of quality?). also subject too central subject should IMHO be to the L with space to kick ball into

lovely colours!, again subject too central with all that space around them?, crop into the action & straighten horizons. also if poss include a little more to the bottom of pic (foot of Pink player "only just" in shot).

Again too much space around the subjects & uneven horizons!, I will be honest this is a binner IMHO anyway as there is no interaction between the 2 players, unless it's cropped as a Sportrait on the girl in White?.

these are meant as constructive & not off putting!, I look forward to further Footy, (yep that's it's real title:tongue:), pics. Kind regards Graham.

Hello Eric,

Great to see a sport I recognise! :biggrin:. I'm no expert but my take on your pics (being gentle!:smile:) are :-

Nice capture, shutter speeds a bit low @ 500th for a kick (ISO only 250!, get up to 400/640 without any loss of quality?). also subject too central subject should IMHO be to the L with space to kick ball into

lovely colours!, again subject too central with all that space around them?, crop into the action & straighten horizons. also if poss include a little more to the bottom of pic (foot of Pink player "only just" in shot).

Again too much space around the subjects & uneven horizons!, I will be honest this is a binner IMHO anyway as there is no interaction between the 2 players, unless it's cropped as a Sportrait on the girl in White?.

these are meant as constructive & not off putting!, I look forward to further Footy, (yep that's it's real title:tongue:), pics. Kind regards Graham.

Great info, thanks! Oh on the last pic, I think the player in white poached a pass that was to the player in blue and that is why the chase is on. The player in white is our LB

All good advice...what we also generally recommend is to crop them for 'show' e.g. to narrow in on the action, and not stick w/ standard picture sizes, e.g. 4x6 or 5x7...and would encourage you to get lower, like sit on your butt or a small stool if you're not physically able to. Makes them appear larger than life....even these older girls.

Real Name
Randy
nice clear action shots
but I think you should:
watch your BGs
tighten your crops
backoff the saturation

All good info, thanks! I Lightroom is cool but has taken me a long time to use it, I have had it for 3 years now and these are the first photos I have worked on with it.

I do find I love the colors I can get and I need to learn how to back that down! Cropping is a whole new world for me that I think I am going to love once I learn how to do it correctly.

Please keep giving me info, I have another tournament at the end of this month I will use the info to take and process those pics!

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom