Guess it's my turn...

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Removed User 2, Oct 8, 2005.

1. It's been a looong time since I posted here. Especially birds :eek:

All shot with 80-200 and 28mm PC.
    I'm fond of that PC lens shot. Without the Shift action I simply couldn't include the bird in the frame :biggrin:

Great lens and a saver when you need that tilt! :tongue:

[​IMG]

This is the 28mm PC shot...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    These are great. I assume you used some rear curtain flash on these?

Love the GBH and is the other a Yellow Crowned Night Heron?

Thanks for sharing.

3. Hi Patrick!

Actually, I used no flash at all. They we're all about 8 seconds exposures or more (I'll have to check the exif...)

I have absolutely no idea what breed those are except they're Herons :confused:
    One day I wish to become a bird expert (this is SO fascinating!) but at this point I'm nothing else then a pure bird amateur.

Thanks for your thoughts. You got some great bird shots! Congrats for your 1st place, by the way! :biggrin:

4. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    I believe that these are a GBH and a BCNH, but in any case, very nice shots. :smile:

5. Wonderful shots! You should do it more frequently.

6. Interesting how still these birds can be to allow the long exposure. Well done.

7. First, we shall thank Yves (Boobie Joe) for the idea. I remember his slow motion Heron shots... And since I had a tripod that day I couldn't resist. But yes, it's amazing how thoze birds stand still. Like Mini Robots :smile:

You should all try this :biggrin:

8. #2 too is just cool............long exposures just bring a whole different perspective. Do you have to use ND filters not to blow out the exposure

9. Hi!

I used a polarizing filter but I doubt it helped the shot. I bracketed from 8 to 30 seconds and none of the pictures showed blown highlights. It was a pretty flat day and almost dawn. This helped too.

10. jfenton

jfenton

Jan 26, 2005
    Haverhill, MA
    Excellent Shots

I just wish the birds around here would stand this still for me!