Guess the lens (Soca Beach Bunnies)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Chris101, Jul 19, 2005.

1. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    It was downright cold on the beach, so I didn't see any bikinis. There were however some bundled up women, so here, appreciate their faces. Oh, and play 'guess the lens' from this thread. The answer is in the EXIF, so no cheating, or no telling if you do.

A few from the Oceanside Harbor:
    [img=left:0b8c7047f0]http://homepage.mac.com/cheilman1/images/photos/portraits/california/girlindressatharbor.jpg[/img:0b8c7047f0][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This girl was jogging on the Strand (beach street) so she wasn't so cold:
    [​IMG]

Ok, here's one with her clothes off:
    [​IMG]

And this last one is just so you know this is the Nikon Cafe, not the Overdressed Women at the Beach Cafe:
    [​IMG]

The harbor was lousy with egrets and herons (not to mention gulls) but my two year old CF card (1GB Transend 45X) failed and I lost a hundred pictures. I wanted to skip it across the water, but I didn't. Good thing as I managed to salvage just over half the images from it, including the bird(s) above.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  2. Ken-L

Ken-L Guest

NIce pics.....how do you get up and out so early in the morning? (I cheated)

3. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Thanks Ken.

I don't want to waste much time on my two day vacations so I forgo sleeping in.

Too bad you cheated, I'd have been interested in which lens you thought it was as you were a big proponant of one of my favorite lenses.

4. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    I'd say that you ended up taking the 85mm. 8)

5. Hi Chris,

I'd say the 85mm, too.

Unless you wimped out and took the VR zoom.

Glad you had a good trip, albeit with the weather too cold for the kind of shots some of us were hoping for. :wink:

Welcome back.

Best wishes,

David

6. gho

gho

Feb 7, 2005
    California
    I've figured out from my last post - those 'guessing games' don't work if you include the data in the EXIF. I would have ripped the EXIF out, but it's just easier to link from my galleries than to create a new gallery with EXIF-less images.

But anyways, I didn't cheat - I'll play along. I'll bethca you shot those all with your 24-120. Methinks you gave away the answer with all your clues.

7. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    David: "Wimped out???" C'mon! I mean if you can't tell that it's NOT the 24-120, how is that wimping out? And I AM lazy!

Frank: Who's the old guy? ;)

8. Ken-L

Ken-L Guest

The Exif Data didn't show which lens it was, but I figured if it had been the 24-120VR it would have been a coincidence that every shot was at 85mm!

I would have guessed 24-120VR any way because I considered you to be suave, debonair, a gentleman, and scholar. :lol:

9. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Gregory - you're right. I should have ripped out the EXIF, then "some people" wouldn't have looked. Of course, if I hadn't said not to ... ;)

Keh-eh-eh-eh-n!!! Now do you think I might have selected only shots at 85mm to show, knowing folks would look, or maybe I spoofed the EXIF. It isn't hard to do, you know.

10. I like three, five and six. Third for the look of the pelican toward the lady, Five is that a window display with those two rounds, the egret with the dark shapes in the water, very cool.

11. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    I think that's my grandfather. 8)

S/A. :lol: