Critique Guess the location...

So I don't know why I haven't gone to this spot to take photos before. Now that I'm on vacation I plan on heading out there several times for more shots. If no-one can guess the location I'll post a hint photo or two before I say where it is. Here are a few photos:

#1:
158505515.6UpVr5gM.Long_Reach_of_Day.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

#2:
158505514.CMZjVi96.First_Shades_of_Twilight.jpg

#3:
158505518.9cY5sjbo.Santa_Rita_Sundown.jpg

#4:
158505521.9jdrKz2r.Valley_Slumber.jpg

#5:
158505520.8VGyXxEW.Sinking.jpg

#6:
158505516.n1s1P4zf.Outpost_at_the_End_of_the_World.jpg

As always, CC are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Dave

It's not Death Valley. Here's another shot (doesn't really work as a hint, but I just processed it):

158507799.13OTwwdx.Sea_of_Mountains.jpg

Some good guesses, but nobody has gotten it yet. I figure three hints is the traditional course of action so I'll give one clue now (text only), then two pictorial clues. I'm pretty sure clue #3 will give it away. So here goes clue #1:

The location is indeed, as Jim T. surmised, reasonably close to Tucson, Az. In fact, it is within 60 miles of Tucson.

If that doesn't give it away, I'll have a picture for you guys next.

Thanks,

Dave

Time for a second clue. This one is a photo clue. Here goes:
158507852.yDtn4m2c.Facets.jpg

If no one guesses the location by this evening, I'll put up the last photo clue (which should give it away). I'll put it up even if someone does guess I suppose.

Thanks,

Dave

Kitt Peak Observatory!

Sean

Ding ding ding!!! We have a winner. The views from up there are great. There really are no foothills so it's like you're sticking straight up out of the desert. It's great.

158505513.EwgJ4No9.Eyes_on_the_Heavens.jpg

I'm on vacation for a while and I plan on some more visits. I'll be sure to post some more photos. Thanks for playing the guess the location game.

Dave

Jim gets partial credit - initially I didn't see his mention of Tucson and only looked at the two pictures and I was thinking it might be the area around the VLA west of Socorro NM. Once I saw "Tucson", Kitt Peak jumped right to mind.

Sean

Jim gets partial credit - initially I didn't see his mention of Tucson and only looked at the two pictures and I was thinking it might be the area around the VLA west of Socorro NM. Once I saw "Tucson", Kitt Peak jumped right to mind.

Sean

Thanks, Sean. But I've never been to Kitt Peak and never would have thought of it.

Latest threads

Top Bottom