Guess the membership is going downhill...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Backdoctor, Apr 2, 2005.

1. got a lovely message left on my Pbase site.

http://forums.pbase.com/post?post_id=2482891

People are so brave when anonymous. Too bad, it was because of pricks like this that the cafe was started. Now it too is infected. Sad.

2. That is really strange?!?! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

3. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Harris,

This was from NKoncafe, not Nikoncafe. Someone that knows that they will not be welcome here is trying (rather crudely I might add) to spoof the Cafe, and to insult one of our best members. :?

Ignore them. ;-)

Frank

4. Right now I need this like hemhorroids.

5. hans

hans

Feb 5, 2005
    The Netherlands
    Perhaps Phil wants you back to get some life into his forums :lol: :lol:

Pathetic such messages. :!:

6. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

7. Larry Gleason

Larry Gleason

Jan 26, 2005
    Pissants abound. Step on them when you can and ignore the rest. The crunchy sound is as satisfying as popping bubble wrap!

8. gho

gho

Feb 7, 2005
    California
    Wow Harris, You get a lot of traffic on your pbase site. My pbase site doesn't have half the traffic or comments.

I once got a weird comment on my website too. One person posted under a pic of one of my clients (which I had permission to put her pic in the gallery) and said it was her and she didn't like it at all and asked to have it removed.

I called the client (my personal friend) and asked her about it and she had no idea, and reiterated the fact that she had no issues with the pic in the gallery. So I simply deleted the comment as it was inappropriate.

I wouldn't make too much of people saying nasty stuff, there's always someone out there that won't like you. Especially if you're popular and produce great work like you.

I'm a little lower profile so I don't normally get stuff like that.

9. Well Harris when you are on top of your game you attract those that would tear you down. Ignore them is my advise and they will crawl back in their hole.

10. Tis is sad totally whimpy. Harris, it's anonymous so you should just forget and laugh about it.

Regards!

11. I got love letters like this everyday ...

This means you have really an impact with your pictures Harris and please, do not mind the BoZo ...

:D

Keep up the great work Harris.

:lol:

12. NeilCam

NeilCam

Feb 21, 2005
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Call it the price of fame Harris, delete it, and move on. Remember Yves had someone polluting his pbase gallery in a similar manner sometime back, so take it as a back-handed compliment.

Never take seriously what anonymous morons such as that one say. Their very anonymity gives them courage they would otherwise lack. This prick is obviously threatened in some sad and lonely way and letting him get to you only gives it the satisfaction it craves so desperately. So ignore it or laugh at it, but don't bite on its bait.

The world is full of pathetic little dog's droppings such as the one leaving such deposits on your gallery. It's just easier to meet 'em on net.

End result - forgeddaboutit and concentrate on the more pressing things in your life.

Neil

13. GeeJay

GeeJay

Jan 26, 2005
    Florida
    Anonymous = Coward

That's all you have to remember and just ignore it. Remember that

'they win if you react'.....

Harris, how is Mary? Please give her my best and to you too,

Gaye

14. Baywing

Baywing

Feb 22, 2005
    CT USA
    I remember a few years back Jarrell got a few worse than that. Just delete them. I learned long ago, it's not worth the energy to feed into it.

15. Iliah

Iliah

Jan 29, 2005
    nowhere
    Some are ruled with jealosy. The better are your photos, the more "admirers" you won. So, be cool :)

16. Who in the heck would do this to you. It doesn't make sense.

This was to be a peaceful forum and I can't believe the trolling has started. I can't imagine it being someone on this forum who would do this. It must be someone from DPR who found out about us. Do you think?

17. thanks all, had a rough day yesterday, my wife almost died in the hospital from a drug reaction, so my temper for crap like this is short.

18. I'll pray for her quick recovery, as I'm sure we'll all do.

Rich

19. Re: Your wifes health

Harris,

I know we don't each other much from aside of names and comments on the forum but I am so sorry to hear about your wife. I hope she is doing better and I will pray for her tonight and tomorrow in Church.

May God Bless her and keep his hands upon her as she recovers.

20. Iliah

Iliah

Jan 29, 2005
    nowhere
    Harris,

Sorrowful news. Please keep us updated.