Guess the VR still works

Been wondering if my VR is still working properly on my 70-200, but after getting this shot today, I'm convinced! Heard these birds singing very loudly, looked up, and grabbed this shot. This was shot in HSC mode with my D2X. Note the focal length & shutter speed. Shot with D2X/70-200VR+TC 1.4 @280 actual focal length, with the HSC 2x crop factor, I effectively shot this @560mm @ 1/80th!
Common Female Grackle:

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Model NIKON D2X/70-200vr + TC 1.4
Focal Length 280 mm
Exposure Time 1/80 sec
Aperture f/7.1
ISO Equivalent 400
Exposure Bias +1/3
White Balance pre
Metering Mode center weighted (2)
Exposure Program aperture priority

Thanks Don, and no, I'm not at all steady

Sometimes with all the outside noise, it's hard to tell if the little VR motor is whirring, but I gues this proves it, since there's no way on God's green earth I could'a pulled this shot off with 560mm (effective) & 1/80th!

Thanks Gordon,

With all the coffee I drink in the morning, it's a wonder I ever get off a clear shot...even WITH VR!

Steve,

My daughter is totally obsessed with your dog Pierre and she has showed everyone she knows your posts. As cools as this shot is, she clicked on it and said, "Crap, Steve is only supposed to post pictures of Pierre!".

Just thought you'd like to know...

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom