Guess what car this is.................

GW20130426-16571.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

And the winner is

dadadadadadaaa

1965 Ford Consul Capri
GW20130426-16691.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

No, well there may of been a few............I'm originally from Luton England, home of the Vauxhall.

Ford Consul and Ford Capri were two completely different models in the UK if I remember well so I had no chance anyway!!! but thanks for the post it got me . Also getting one to start and get it out the garage would have been a bonus they were terrible. After far to many years of company supplied fords in the 70s/80s I have told the wife no way should the carriage at the funeral be a ford, they would probably bury me in a lay-by somewhere whilst calling the repair technicians.

Ah ha, a runaway then!!! :biggrin:

There were a few of these here but rare as these days, were they a 315???:smile:

Runaway.....that's funny. Twelve years now. Started off for a few years only, been here ever since.

The model number was a 335. One of the rarest cars Ford UK made. Only made between 61-63. To costly to produce and the Cortina took over.

Ford Consul and Ford Capri were two completely different models in the UK if I remember well so I had no chance anyway!!! but thanks for the post it got me . Also getting one to start and get it out the garage would have been a bonus they were terrible. After far to many years of company supplied fords in the 70s/80s I have told the wife no way should the carriage at the funeral be a ford, they would probably bury me in a lay-by somewhere whilst calling the repair technicians.

Starting was a nightmare on Ford cars as the stories go. Ford back in the 70's & 80's had the highest cars sales, which was a wonder due to popular belief.

I like the last part of your post, and sympathise wholeheartedly.

That is so funny!!! Yes I thought it was just a Capri which was the two door while the Consul was a four door.
Runaway.....that's funny. Twelve years now. Started off for a few years only, been here ever since.

The model number was a 335. One of the rarest cars Ford UK made. Only made between 61-63. To costly to produce and the Cortina took over.
Pretty rare here as well, this one is in good nick and still runs, amazing!!!:eek:
Starting was a nightmare on Ford cars as the stories go. Ford back in the 70's & 80's had the highest cars sales, which was a wonder due to popular belief.

I like the last part of your post, and sympathise wholeheartedly.

Thanks....:wink:

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom