Guess who is on break....

Discussion in 'People' started by cwilt, Sep 26, 2008.

1. cwilt

cwilt

Apr 24, 2005
    Denver, CO
    They lied when they said it was year round school.:rolleyes:

380455776_z4GhZ-O.jpg

2. cameraman

cameraman Guest

beautiful. how are you liking the year round schedule?

3. cwilt

cwilt

Apr 24, 2005
    Denver, CO
    I think its ok. Kids get a little bit of time off during each season so its not a summer vacation anymore. The odd thing is that here it is only year round in grade school for now. With our kids being 4 years apart it will be interesting trying to time family vacations.

4. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    Break...what type of break?

5. cwilt

cwilt

Apr 24, 2005
    Denver, CO
    Like spring break, but in the fall and for about 4 weeks.:smile:

6. She is sweet!

I love the unusual framing. The sky above, and her centered in the lower half. I wish her hair has a little more backlight.

I don't see much catchlight in her eyes, did you use a flash? If not, how do you keep the beautiful blue sky from blowing out?

7. I like it, Charles. Very natural, casual looking.

8. Aww! Great shot!!! She's adorable.:biggrin:

But I have to ask: Does she go to a private school? Or did Denver start this year round schedule recently with their public schools? And if so, where have I been that I missed this?

9. cwilt

cwilt

Apr 24, 2005
    Denver, CO
    No flash used here. This is what I call a Fuji moment. I spot metered for proper exposure of her face and the dynamic range of the S5 keeps the sky.:smile:

10. cwilt

cwilt

Apr 24, 2005
    Denver, CO
    Thank you. It just a candid shot as she was head for the trampoline.

11. cwilt

cwilt

Apr 24, 2005
    Denver, CO
    Thanks.
    Most of Denvers grade schools have been on year round schedule for some time. Where have you been?:tongue:

12. Hey, Charles,

Like Al above, I really like the composition here. It seems to have broken some rules, but I think it really works. I played with it a little bit to try some more traditional compositions, but I like yours best. The large area of sky gives a feeling of airiness and space that is very freeing... just right for a youngster on break. Nice catch... and a beautiful subject.

13. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

14. cwilt

cwilt

Apr 24, 2005
    Denver, CO
    Thanks Doug. The rules don't always work and I like to look for those times. If I had shot this with any other camera the sky would have blown and I would have composed differently.:wink:

She now does gymnastics 2 nights a week. With 2 back to back advanced classes on one night. She also does swimming one night as well. We are glad she doesn't sit around because that is much worse for her condition. It does cause some logistics issues at times but its well worth.

I have heard some rumblings about going back to traditional school schedules. The track system is nice for working parents though. Family time can be a problem but lucky for us it is rare to have a vacation.:rolleyes:

15. I bet you're happy to have her home - even if it's for a short time. Another great capture!!

16. cwilt

cwilt

Apr 24, 2005
    Denver, CO
    It is nice to have her around. My candid shooting chances drop considerably when she is in school.