1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Guess Who's Coming To Dinner

Discussion in 'Miscellany' started by kennyg92, Jul 9, 2008.

1. kennyg92

kennyg92

Oct 23, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    I just happened to have my D2X sitting nearby while my wife and I were enjoying our dinner out on the deck on a gorgeous Summer evening, and this dragonfly decided to join us.
    He sat there for over 10 minutes, letting me adjust the camera several times and he didn't even flinch.
    I guess he knew he was being photographed and decided to pose for me.

I couldn't resist putting these up on the Cafe for critique. My apologies to dial-up users, as these are 100% crops and fairly large.

Photos are straight out of the camera. Guess I got a nice sharp copy of the 18-200 lens. Cool!! :cool: 

EXIF data available via right-click.

[​IMG]
    D2X - Nikon 18-200 VR Lens - f/5.6 Aperture Priority

[​IMG]
    D2X - Nikon 18-200 VR Lens - f/5.6 Aperture Priority

Thanks for looking!!

-Ken

2. pr549f2678

pr549f2678

Jun 26, 2007
    central Fl
    Ken,

Very nice shots, it seems that they will pose for you for I had one
    that stayed about 5 minutes on a branch while I took his picture, I wll
    see if I can find it.
    Thanks for showing us.

Phil.........:smile:

3. kennyg92

kennyg92

Oct 23, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Danke, Phil, for the comment! My first insect. I'm sure you, being in FL have thousands of those shots. :biggrin:

-Ken

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.