1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Gull Images & Godzilla - 2009 Nissan GT-R Photoshoot

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by josh99ta, Aug 30, 2008.

1. josh99ta

josh99ta

Mar 13, 2007
    Nashville, TN
    Met up with a local guy tonight that wanted some night shots of his new GT-R. Here is what we came up with before we got ran out of our location...

2810795110_bfa5b90b6c_o.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2810791464_b2e2fd30c6_o.jpg

2810796372_644c147d20_o.jpg

2810792920_881c0d0201_o.jpg

2809946817_7da0615b87_o.jpg

And he actually had a buddy of his who has a black GT-R come out for a bit as well, so there were actually two GT-Rs there. I was having such a tough time shooting them instead of hunching on them.

Got a ride in the white one. Builds boost nearly instantly and pulls nicely, but by far the coolest thing is launch control. Talk about getting a lot of car moving in a hurry. I enjoyed my ride a lot, but I wasn't giggling like a school girl until launch control made the car feel like it was shot out of a cannon.

Bonus shot, the two GT-Rs making nice together...
    2809948661_0250b129f9_o.jpg

2. Josh

Nice work. I'll have to do a lot of homework to produce exposures as good as yours. Amazing car and probably the performance deal of the decade at around 80K. That launch control sounds very interesting. My buddies wife is recieving a new Mazda 6 next week. On a test drive they pinned one from a dead start and the car squatted and just went. He figures it's some form of advanced electronic brake distribution tied in with the suspension........

Cheers

Ted:smile:

3. I didn't realize these cars were already available. Great shots! I would love to pull up to someone in a Ferrari driving one of these.

4. pirahnah3

pirahnah3

Feb 22, 2008
    wuss-tah
    :drool:

ok im jealous,

those are great shots!! and being a car guy i understand getting chased out of where you are trying to work, why is it that people that have the best spots to shoot dont let us share them

5. fks

fks

Apr 30, 2005
    sf bay area
    lovely cars, but white leather :confused:  good job with the exposure, and i like the choice of back ground in the first three shots. would have liked the background to be a little more OOF though. i would have done the interior from the driver's side; all i see is the blank expanse of the passenger's dashboard and seats, and a very distant gauge cluster and steering wheel.

ricky

6. SpoonFed

SpoonFed

Jul 19, 2008
    Bay Area
    great shots and location. I hope to ride in a GT-R one of these days

7. Crazy Car.

8. Beautiful, I love that car. Good job on the pics.

9. AnthonyRSS

AnthonyRSS

Aug 17, 2008
    Huntsville
    They are pretty awesome, but I would rather have a solid roller ls car.

Anthony

10. Ph0to

Ph0to

Aug 19, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    Very nice photos!

11. Do you have anything in a hot cherry red?

:biggrin:

12. bradNYC

bradNYC

Mar 28, 2008
    NYC
    wow, those shots are awesome...is it true $85k

13. josh99ta

josh99ta

Mar 13, 2007
    Nashville, TN
    Thanks guys. :) 

With dealer markup they're going for more like $90k around here.

The car is a weekend-only, nice weather car so the white leather is strictly for show. It's not a daily so it'll never be dirty.

Red is my favorite color in these, and we have a local one that is actually the Nissan demo car. I'm hoping to get some shots of it soon. I have connections at Nissan.

14. spoot

spoot

Aug 29, 2007
    Vancouver
    Really nice lighting of amazing subjects. At the moment, one of my favorite semi attainable cars.

15. Baoser

Baoser

Apr 29, 2008
    Milpitas, CA
    Wow those look Awesome...

16. shtarka1

shtarka1

Feb 1, 2008
    Boston
    Excellent!

17. Make sure you're friend never turns off the VDC or uses launch control as it automatically voids your warranty.

18. Josh:

These are really great shots. Technically the car is quite an achievement, but does it have to be so...so...so ugly? Nissan has some fine designers, just look at the job they have done with the Infiniti coupes.

Michael

19. Drool.............

Very nice shots, I'm jealous you got to ride in it. I haven't even seen one of these in person yet :( 

20. Penguin

Penguin

Sep 10, 2008
    Canada
    Very nice. Seen a couple here. How many strobes were used?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.