Gull on ice.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Has to be getting cold feet. :biggrin:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hmmm. I think you are correct Randy. Certainly not up to the quality of the majority of photos posted by others.

This shot was taken a few years ago with the P-500, from the balcony of a cruise ship in Alaska. I just upgraded to a D7k because I was never satisfied with the "softness" of a lot of the photos, which was probably due to poor technique on my part rather than the camera. However, I think I will spend a bit more time getting familiar with the new camera before I attempt to share anything else. :)

Real Name
Randy
Hmmm. I think you are correct Randy. Certainly not up to the quality of the majority of photos posted by others.

This shot was taken a few years ago with the P-500, from the balcony of a cruise ship in Alaska. I just upgraded to a D7k because I was never satisfied with the "softness" of a lot of the photos, which was probably due to poor technique on my part rather than the camera. However, I think I will spend a bit more time getting familiar with the new camera before I attempt to share anything else. :)
never worry about what you post here, this is a very friendly forum full of polite and knowledgeable shooters. I often think honest C&C is way better than a bunch of 'nice pic' posts. Remember we all started at the same place and we all (if we keep at it) end up at the same place, this hobby is just like anything else, the more you practice the better you get

as far as technique IMO the most important thing to remember is shutter speed fixes almost everything and can ruin almost anything. Even at the cost of a higher ISO I will always go for faster shutter speeds.

Congrats on your new D7100 and please come back to post often, trust me it will help you get better faster, it sure did for me

never worry about what you post here, this is a very friendly forum full of polite and knowledgeable shooters. I often think honest C&C is way better than a bunch of 'nice pic' posts. Remember we all started at the same place and we all (if we keep at it) end up at the same place, this hobby is just like anything else, the more you practice the better you get

as far as technique IMO the most important thing to remember is shutter speed fixes almost everything and can ruin almost anything. Even at the cost of a higher ISO I will always go for faster shutter speeds.

Congrats on your new D7100 and please come back to post often, trust me it will help you get better faster, it sure did for me
Not to mention the fact that you have 10 posts. Keep that D7000 clicking!

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom