Gun Photos, and activity shots Vol 1 (closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Besides liking cameras and photography, I am a gun owner.

Any other gun owners out there?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a few. I used to enjoy hunting, but the restrictions that have been placed on hunters and getting deer tags and Elk tags in NM is to much, so I don't hunt much any more. I do shoot handguns in competition, IDPA, USPSA/IPSC etc. I also get a kick out of target shooting with my rifles, I love to reach out 300+ yards and score 3 or 4 bulls eyes with my .223. Lots of fun, but with the price of ammo going through the roof and becoming hard to find, I have really curtailed my shooting. I'm a Life member of the NRA, so I support shooting sports pretty heavily.

I sold a large collection of military prototypes including rifles, pistols, revolvers, both modern and black powder, to return to university and earn a graduate degree, reasoning the guns could always be repurchased at a later date.

Now I have a select few rifles, one used for bench rest competition, and some frequently used revolvers. There are a couple of flint lock rifles made some time back that are shot from time to time.

Eric if you find ammo too expensive consider a reloading press such as the Rock Chucker single stage and brewing your own ammo. Costs will go down and accuracy will go up. Each gun seems to prefer a slightly different load, and once the optimum load has been determined, ragged holes will become the norm, at least with rifles.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love my guns. I don't want to talk politics, but I'll move before I give them up.
Several pistols, too many long guns (yeah right!) and I'm into the AR crowd as well. About the only thing I haven't gotten into is blackpowder. Just don't see the excitement in it that some do, but to each their own...

Eric if you find ammo too expensive consider a reloading press such as the Rock Chucker single stage and brewing your own ammo. Costs will go down and accuracy will go up. Each gun seems to prefer a slightly different load, and once the optimum load has been determined, ragged holes will become the norm, at least with rifles.
I've got a Rock Chucker with .223 dies for building my custom rifle rounds :biggrin:, and a buddy and I have invested in a Dillon 650 for pistol ammo, currently loading .45 ACP and we will be starting shortly to reload .357 Sig. At the rate we are going, we might start reloading 9mm, as that is what I prefer to shoot in competitions. At one time we shot 4 competitions a month, at about 150 rounds per, and usually 400 to 500 rounds of practice each month, usually about a 1000 rounds a month. We can't do that any more, which is unfortunate, because it was a lot of fun.

I have but one gun, a gifted Winchester 74 long rifle with scope. It was from the first year of manufacture which was 1936 IIRC. It has a 4-digit serial number. I never intend to shoot it. I treat it like I would a Nikon F from 1959 with a "Tick mark" 5cm f1.4; strictly a collectors item.

JCA

I own several shotguns and rifles and enjoy hunting. I also shoot sporting clays. Deer camp is a special time up here and I hope to be able to continue until I am very old and grey.

I can only afford one hobby at a time, so I gave up (sold) most of my guns when I got into photography to pay for this new type of "shooting" :tongue: But I grew up in a gun/hunting family. Used to own several shotguns. My favorite was an older model (1950s) Mossberg pump with a 2 shell clip and adjustable choke. Great pattern on that gun no matter what shells I shot! Loved it! Also had a Glock .40 that I loved to shoot. I still keep several, including an older 9-shot .22 revolver I got from my grandpa a while back... noting special but fun to plink around with and has sentimental value. :smile:

I carry a Glock 17, Varmint hunt with a Savage 17HMR and a Ruger 10/22 I custom built. Now that is a tack driver. I love shooting sporting clays but do not currently own a Shotgun. I am looking for an over/under to purchase in the future. My brother in law owns a sporting clay course and hunting preserve in Vale, OR. Here is the link for those that may be interested. http://www.7uhunting.com/ The course is a great challenge. I enjoy shooting in the tournaments they host.

I enjoy shooting as well, but nothing competitive. I have a couple of handguns and I keep telling myself that a nice 1911 will complete my collection. I am interested in 1911's more for nostalgic reasons that any other and I am fascinated that the design is 100 years old.

If we are going to talk firearms on a photo forum, we should at least post pictures...

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Here ya go, more of an XD guy myself :)
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 349396

Browning 525 Sporting 12 GA, Winchester 101 20GA Skeet, 3 x Remington 1100 Skeet 20 & 410, Trap 12 GA, Winchester 94 and 9422, Antique Parker Bros. side-by-side 12 GA.

Don

Never really interested in hunting but target shooting a lot of fun. I have a pair of shotguns (pump and double barrel) and my favorite .22. I still want to get an over/under for the clay pigeons but it just hasn't been a priority lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom