Share Gun Photos, gun action shots Vol 2

Yes it is. I picked it up used for $300. Never shot a shotgun before in my 65 years. Never, and it wasn’t too kind to my neck. Only put 5 rounds thru it, and ended up with some painful muscle spasms in my neck. Had an MRI done, and I’ll find out next week whether I can shoot it again, or be forced to sell it.

Wow, unfortunate. I have the same shotgun that I purchased about thirty years ago, shot for the the first time in the past ten years, it is a nice gun with an action smooth as butter. I hope you are able to continue shooting this classic shotgun.

Wow, unfortunate. I have the same shotgun that I purchased about thirty years ago, shot for the the first time in the past ten years, it is a nice gun with an action smooth as butter. I hope you are able to continue shooting this classic shotgun.

Yes it is unfortunate and unexpected. I’m not a fan of big recoil, but I certainly wasn’t expecting this. A neck injury from riding a motorcycle without a windshield for years caught up to me, but I only had to deal with the neck spasms for a little while. I was much younger then, and riding with a windshield prevented neck problems since. It was so long ago, I had to ask my Dr. To look back thru his records and find out when that was. It was September 1984. Never since have I had troubles with my neck, but only 5 shots from the Wingmaster brought it all back. Dr. Said no more shotgun till we get the results of the MRI, which will be next week. Not knowing anything about shotgun shells, I bought target loads thinking they would be light loads to start with. I’ve learned a lot about shotgun shells since, and I found that the 1-1/8 oz loads of #8 shot at 1145 fps isn’t a light load. I’m trying to find some 1 oz loads at around 980 fps to try to see if I can shoot it again, but that’s rarer than gold. No one seems to keep them in stock. If I started hand loading, I could maybe get some mild loads I could shoot all the time, but not something I’m going to do. The action on the Wingmaster is smooth. I was going to go with a 20 gauge, but let myself get talked into a 12 gauge.

Anyway, been rambling on off subject, so here is a photo so that this post is sort of on topic.

original.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Yes it is unfortunate and unexpected. I’m not a fan of big recoil, but I certainly wasn’t expecting this. A neck injury from riding a motorcycle without a windshield for years caught up to me, but I only had to deal with the neck spasms for a little while. I was much younger then, and riding with a windshield prevented neck problems since. It was so long ago, I had to ask my Dr. To look back thru his records and find out when that was. It was September 1984. Never since have I had troubles with my neck, but only 5 shots from the Wingmaster brought it all back. Dr. Said no more shotgun till we get the results of the MRI, which will be next week. Not knowing anything about shotgun shells, I bought target loads thinking they would be light loads to start with. I’ve learned a lot about shotgun shells since, and I found that the 1-1/8 oz loads of #8 shot at 1145 fps isn’t a light load. I’m trying to find some 1 oz loads at around 980 fps to try to see if I can shoot it again, but that’s rarer than gold. No one seems to keep them in stock. If I started hand loading, I could maybe get some mild loads I could shoot all the time, but not something I’m going to do. The action on the Wingmaster is smooth. I was going to go with a 20 gauge, but let myself get talked into a 12 gauge.

Anyway, been rambling on off subject, so here is a photo so that this post is sort of on topic.

Gary, also check into a good recoil pad on the 870, like a "kick eez".
Is that Glock a model 22? I have one of those also. :biggrin:

Gary, also check into a good recoil pad on the 870, like a "kick eez".
Is that Glock a model 22? I have one of those also. :biggrin:

I have a brand new Limbsaver recoil pad just sitting here. I’ve had the old pad off cause I knew it wouldn’t be easy to do when I needed to. It wasn’t easy. Had to take it to the FFL to get one of the screws out. Proper tool helps. I have one now. Probably been attached to the stock for 33 years. If I get the ok from the Dr., what I plan to do is shoot one round, then replace the recoil pad and put another round thru it right then and there. That should give me the feedback I need about how much the recoil pad will help, if at all.

That is a Glock 17 in the photo. Since I took that photo, I have added an OD frame G17 to the collection. I have recently shot a G22 and G23 and enjoyed both. I’ve made no decision about investing in a .40 yet. I currently own 8 different calibers, and I’m not sure I really want to add another caliber. The next addition with be a G19, as we have shot one recently, and it fits my other half’s hands better than the G17 does, and I liked the G19 too. I didn’t think I would.

The new OD G17.

original.jpg

I just purchased a Colt Sporter AR 15. They were banned in California until recently so I though I'd better get one while I can. Supposed to be very accurate at 500 yards. 10 day waiting period so I'll post a picture when I pick it up.
It's going to be a very long 10 day wait.:mad:

Last edited by a moderator:
I just purchased a Colt Sporter AR 15. They were banned in California until recently so I though I'd better get one while I can. Supposed to be very accurate at 500 yards. 10 day waiting period so I'll post a picture when I pick it up.
It's going to be a very long 10 day wait.:mad:

Good for you, Robert. Definatley a fun rifle to shoot.

D034599-M.jpg

:biggrin: I don't like feeling left out :cool: :wink: :rolleyes:

I don't think anyone does :tongue: :wink:

:Sheriff::Guns: This post is worthless without photos. :biggrin:

+1. Lets see 'em. Do a Facebook picture of you in the mirror :cool:

You know, with your camera phone pointed at the mirror just above waist height, one arm flexed, with a smug little grin on your face.

I was born with a smug grin on my face, I can do all that Scott.
See? Already by 1977 I had it going. *flex*
6703600339_d5f3d9a97e_z.png

lmao..
Tomorrow. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest threads

Top Bottom