Share Gun Photos, gun action shots Vol 2

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Thanks Wade. I think S&W only made about 1200 of them. Of course, I didn't know that back when I bought it...only recently. I'd like it a lot more if it wasn't so heavy. It's like carrying a cinder block.

A stainless cinder block! I had a few of that gen in the full size 9 mm, shooters, but yes, heavy, but they do photograph well!!

When I was a young lad around 8 to 10 years old my father had a 410 rabbit shot gun. He wanted me to try using it so he set up a target and I shot at it. Unfortunately a spark flew out and hit me in the eye. Ever since then guns have scared the hell out of me.
Hope this is not controversial and against the rules,it is what actually happened.

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
When I was a young lad around 8 to 10 years old my father had a 410 rabbit shot gun. He wanted me to try using it so he set up a target and I shot at it. Unfortunately a spark flew out and hit me in the eye. Ever since then guns have scared the hell out of me.
Hope this is not controversial and against the rules,it is what actually happened.
Well, we try and avoid debates and try to post images only, but a short story now and then is allowed. As long as it isn’t a rant or political.

Here's a quick flash lighted shot of one of the two Rugers I picked up last week, using my new Flash Diffuser that I just had to order during Amazon Prime Day on an old SB-600 ;)

Ruger Single Six, 22LR, 6 1/2" barrel, Bisley Grip frame and hammer in stainless steel.
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

This was really more of a test shot with the diffuser than a real beauty shot of the gun, for those who have shot pics of guns (revolvers in particular) you know they are a mix of hard to light flat and rounded surfaces that often come out too dark or totally blown out. I thought the D7100, Tamron 70-210 f4 and SB-600 with the diffuser did pretty good for a quick test shot. The pic below of the setup shows much more glare and harsher shadows with the on camera flash of the D5600, the diffuser seems to do pretty good for what it is IMHO.

Another trusty 22LR to keep this thread alive ;)

Ruger MK IV Standard, 4 3/4" barrel

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Real Name
Karen
Any Luger fans? Don't know much about it..... 1939 Luger......

_8501320.jpg
_8501330.jpg
_8501335.jpg

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Real Name
Karen
Having owned one a long time ago, that is a collector piece and part of history.
Thanks! After I took these photos, Justin took it apart and cleaned it up and did some research. The Luger appears to be a Mauser Military Proof; S/42 Code year 1939; Mid Nazi Military Proof. Every part had the same serial number; however the magazine does not have the same serial number. The bore looks great-good rifling. Blueing looks about 85-90%...VG.

Gun battery, Guernsey Channel Islands. Not sure of the calibre of gun

This one was restored and some kind of flash bang was loaded into the muzzle and some actors in German uniform were there as well when the thing was fired.
Gun battery firing re.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom