Share Gun Photos, gun action shots Vol 2

22474166624_6eb144f758.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Thanks Darrell. This is a holographic EOTech sight that I've had for awhile and finally got around to posting. I love it, and as long as you have the red dot (in the window) on your target you are "lined up" on that target. It makes acquisition much much faster. You can also still use the stock sights.
And take the extra step to co-witness the red dot and the BUIS with the front sight. Back in the in the battle immediately if the EoTech is rendered inoperable.

Thanks for the video BOS. I have a pop-up rear sight which is down when the EOTech is on. If the EOTech fails I pop it up and I'm back in the fight. Co-witnessing for me defeats the advantage/purpose of a holographic sight. Without co-witnessing, the red dot can be in the extreme corner of the window (or anywhere in the window for that matter) and I'm still sighted in on my target...nothing to line up, except my target and the red dot. It takes awhile to get used to this method of shooting.

Thanks for the video BOS. I have a pop-up rear sight which is down when the EOTech is on. If the EOTech fails I pop it up and I'm back in the fight. Co-witnessing for me defeats the advantage/purpose of a holographic sight. Without co-witnessing, the red dot can be in the extreme corner of the window (or anywhere in the window for that matter) and I'm still sighted in on my target...nothing to line up, except my target and the red dot. It takes awhile to get used to this method of shooting.
Just trying to be helpful. The "pop up rear sight" is commonly referred to as a BUIS ( you can also have a front BUIS depending on if you purchase a flat top AR without any fixed sights). You co- witness your sights and then lock your BUISs in the down position. It is a relatively common practice among AR shooters. I have multiple ARs with just the standard fixed front sight and rear peep sight. I have several with either Aimpoint or EoTech red dot scopes plus a couple with ACOGs on top. I enjoy 3 gun matches, long distance shooting, and just plain old plinking. Head over to ARFCOM and read about co-witnessing until your eyes cross. Stay safe and have fun.

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Real Name
Wade
and just a remnder this thread is about photos, not tech, but I know that Robert is appreciative of the definition. Thank you. Reminds me, I need to take a pic of my new Trijicon MRO on my M1a Scout.

My bad.....back on track.

My favorite 600 yard steel popper:

Srag-100.jpg

Big Daniel Defense fan:

The%204th-4-X2.jpg

Just trying to be helpful. The "pop up rear sight" is commonly referred to as a BUIS ( you can also have a front BUIS depending on if you purchase a flat top AR without any fixed sights). You co- witness your sights and then lock your BUISs in the down position. It is a relatively common practice among AR shooters. I have multiple ARs with just the standard fixed front sight and rear peep sight. I have several with either Aimpoint or EoTech red dot scopes plus a couple with ACOGs on top. I enjoy 3 gun matches, long distance shooting, and just plain old plinking. Head over to ARFCOM and read about co-witnessing until your eyes cross. Stay safe and have fun.

That was very informative and helpful, thanks. And you have some very nice weapons.

Big Daniel Defense fan:

The%204th-4-X2.jpg
Very nice! I really like the patch on the site. I'm a Colt guy but either will get the job done;)

I've had this scope mounted on a stainless Ruger 10/22 for over a year. It's a Nikko Stirling 3-9x40 IR MD Mountmaster Side Ir. Not expensive, but the optics seem to be quite good. One of my son's is farming, and having a hard time controlling the rabbits. So I'm going out tomorrow to try and help "thin the herd." Hopefully I'll be having rabbit stew for dinner tomorrow night.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/30739460@N02/22634567004/in/dateposted-public/

Beretta 84FS .380
Beretta3.gif

Here's a shot I did of my first ever semi-auto handgun. It's a Rock Island Armory "Rock Ultra SE (Special Edition) FS (Full Size)".

DSC_0105.jpg

I grew up around shooting/hunting with my father, but when I hit my teen years other things took up my time and firearms, and hunting kind of went by the wayside. When I met my fiancee back in late 2005 I quickly discovered that she was not a gun person at all, and really believed in all the negative media saying guns shouldn't exist yada yada.

Around the Holiday's we made a temporary move to my parents house to help them out while my dad is undergoing Chemo for Stage 4 Lung Cancer (Odds are very much in his favor, and after only three treatments he is already showing improvement). An old friend of mine whom I haven't seen much in the past couple of years lives nearby my parents place with his girlfriend and they are both starting gun collections of their own. They asked me about going to a gun shop to look around one weekend, and when I asked my fiancee (Sharon) she (to my surprise) reluctantly agreed to go as my friends girlfriend was going.

At the shop she was pretty apprehensive, and we couldn't leave the shop fast enough for her it seemed. The very next day (Sunday), we were making the drive to our house about an hour away to just check up on things, and she asked me if I was familiar with a gun shop a couple of towns over from where we lived. I said I was not, and the next thing I know she has me look them up on my phone to see if they were open, and off we were. It was here that things continued getting even more bizarre as within a couple of minutes of us getting there I mentioned that she was against guns in general, but I was thinking about the possibility of getting a small .22 handgun to try and have her shoot to see what it's all about. Next thing I know while I'm looking and drooling over guns I want the salesman has her holding, and working several different small .22 handguns, and I can see the expression on her face that she is actually listening to him, and generally enjoying the experience. She even made the comment "this might not be as bad as I thought it would be".

Shortly after that experience she see's me drooling over the gun in my photo above. She has always been aware that I have always wanted a 1911, since I got the opportunity to fire a WWII era one back in the early 90's when I was trying out for the Army National Guard. The previous day I had eyed a nice used S&W 5906 9mm that I was interested in purchasing, and again she was reluctantly going to allow me to get it so I could go and shoot with my friends. I of course didn't end up buying it that day as she used the excuse that I should wait and save to get what I really want, so rather than argue I let it go and this is how we ended up at the other place.

Anyways, as I said she sees me eyeballing this particular gun, and the price was pretty reasonable $468. She see's the gun, and the first words out of her mouth are "Ohhhh, that's pretty". She then says "I think you really should buy this as it's what you've always wanted". So long story short I ended up with my first ever semi-auto pistol, and it's the style I've been always wanting. We also put her gun, a Ruger SR-22 in Raspberry color scheme on layaway which I will be picking up as soon as my taxes come back.

I am chomping at the bit for the weather to break so I can get out and shoot this bad boy, and to start Sharon on her road to shooting obsession (she has a terribly addictive personality just as I do). I will update here with another post once we pick up her gun.

DSC_9857-Edit-2_zpsfndi1dje.gif

Here's a shot I did of my first ever semi-auto handgun. It's a Rock Island Armory "Rock Ultra SE (Special Edition) FS (Full Size)".

Nice 1911 Gary.

DSC_9857-Edit-2_zpsfndi1dje.gif

Nice 1911 Gary.

Nice Glock 19.

I have finally got out to shoot my 1911, and have put nearly 400 rounds through it. I had a bit of an issue with rounds getting jammed halfway in to the chamber, but found out it was due to a slightly over tensioned extractor. I removed it, and bent it slightly to remove some tension and it now shoots flawlessly. I am a very very happy camper considering what I paid compared to other 1911's.

Up until a few weeks ago I had never handled a Glock. I was at the range, and there was a family there shooting. They happened to be the owners of a CCW training outfit here, and he offered me his gun to shoot. It was a Glock 17 with Fiber Optic sights front and rear, loaded with a 33 round magazine. I squeezed of about a half dozen rounds and really liked the trigger. Accuracy was quite good, and the gun fit my hands well. I thought the grip angle felt a little off though compared to other guns I've handled. It wasn't bad, and I'm sure I could get used to it, but I just feel that Glocks (as good as they are) are not really any better than handguns made by other companies that have been doing it for decades. I also think that they're a bit over priced for what they are, however I wouldn't be surprised that I too might end up with one some day.

I installed Skinner peep sights on my Henry Big Boy .357mag Carbine, work much better than the factory buckhorns for my old eyes.

Henry3a.gif

View attachment 1465171

View attachment 1465172

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen

DSC_0105.jpg

I grew up around shooting/hunting with my father, but when I hit my teen years other things took up my time and firearms, and hunting kind of went by the wayside. When I met my fiancee back in late 2005 I quickly discovered that she was not a gun person at all, and really believed in all the negative media saying guns shouldn't exist yada yada.

Around the Holiday's we made a temporary move to my parents house to help them out while my dad is undergoing Chemo for Stage 4 Lung Cancer (Odds are very much in his favor, and after only three treatments he is already showing improvement). An old friend of mine whom I haven't seen much in the past couple of years lives nearby my parents place with his girlfriend and they are both starting gun collections of their own. They asked me about going to a gun shop to look around one weekend, and when I asked my fiancee (Sharon) she (to my surprise) reluctantly agreed to go as my friends girlfriend was going.

At the shop she was pretty apprehensive, and we couldn't leave the shop fast enough for her it seemed. The very next day (Sunday), we were making the drive to our house about an hour away to just check up on things, and she asked me if I was familiar with a gun shop a couple of towns over from where we lived. I said I was not, and the next thing I know she has me look them up on my phone to see if they were open, and off we were. It was here that things continued getting even more bizarre as within a couple of minutes of us getting there I mentioned that she was against guns in general, but I was thinking about the possibility of getting a small .22 handgun to try and have her shoot to see what it's all about. Next thing I know while I'm looking and drooling over guns I want the salesman has her holding, and working several different small .22 handguns, and I can see the expression on her face that she is actually listening to him, and generally enjoying the experience. She even made the comment "this might not be as bad as I thought it would be".

Shortly after that experience she see's me drooling over the gun in my photo above. She has always been aware that I have always wanted a 1911, since I got the opportunity to fire a WWII era one back in the early 90's when I was trying out for the Army National Guard. The previous day I had eyed a nice used S&W 5906 9mm that I was interested in purchasing, and again she was reluctantly going to allow me to get it so I could go and shoot with my friends. I of course didn't end up buying it that day as she used the excuse that I should wait and save to get what I really want, so rather than argue I let it go and this is how we ended up at the other place.

Anyways, as I said she sees me eyeballing this particular gun, and the price was pretty reasonable $468. She see's the gun, and the first words out of her mouth are "Ohhhh, that's pretty". She then says "I think you really should buy this as it's what you've always wanted". So long story short I ended up with my first ever semi-auto pistol, and it's the style I've been always wanting. We also put her gun, a Ruger SR-22 in Raspberry color scheme on layaway which I will be picking up as soon as my taxes come back.

I am chomping at the bit for the weather to break so I can get out and shoot this bad boy, and to start Sharon on her road to shooting obsession (she has a terribly addictive personality just as I do). I will update here with another post once we pick up her gun.
Just read your post. Just curious? Did you get that Ruger SR22? I'm a totally new shooter and my first gun is the Ruger SR 22! I LOVE it! Never a FTF or FTE so far. Fun to shoot. Of course, I do shoot one of my hubby's 9mm also....but the SR22 is just fun to shoot and inexpensive, too!

In keeping with the intent of this thread, here is a photo! Notice the stylish French toile background! LOL!
i-hrMDt9R-XL.jpg

Benjamin Marauder in .22 cal, a Pre-charged Pneumatic, which is the bottom tube is charge with 3000lbs. air pressure, a very inexpensive plinker.
An additional shoulder stock can be added on.

26233597220_2fbbd5cb2e_c.jpg

26233597310_a5ffb5389d_c.jpg

26506574935_dd68458ce1_c.jpg

Latest threads

Top Bottom