1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Gunlock Reservoir In IR

Discussion in 'Night, InfraRed, and UltraViolet Photography' started by greyflash, Jul 31, 2009.

1. I was taking a ride on the back roads of southern Utah and came across Gunlock Reservoir. It is not a pretty reservoir in its own right but with IR and some nice clouds it was not too bad. Images taken with my modified D100 and an 18-70mm lens.

Donkeys near Gunlock, Utah

original.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Gunlock Reservoir:

original.jpg

Hills near Gunlock reservoir:

original.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2009
  2. sbruno

sbruno

Jul 20, 2007
    Baltimore, MD
    Nice series. I esp. like the second one. Lots going on in that scene.

Steve

3. Thanks Steve, the clouds on the 2nd one were really nice and made the shot IMO.

4. general

general

Apr 30, 2005
    Nebraska
    Great shots

Thanks, Gordon.

5. Hey Don, thanks for your comment.

6. Howdy Gordon,

Really nice series of images, really love the one with the Donkeys, but I have to agree

the Second one is stunning with those clouds, well seen and captured.

7. Good to hear from you Craig. I have been slacking off with my IR work so this little jaunt was to get back into it. Glad you liked the images.

8. love the donkeys! the clouds look fierce in #2 and I'm liking that black sky in #3.

9. Nice set!

10. Hey, thanks a bunch Danielle.

Thanks Alex, I appreciate it.

11. Nice shots! I didn't know I came so close to you, we stayed in Hurricane on a trip to the Grand Canyon! Nice scenery in Utah & Arizona!

12. You probably drove through my home town of St. George. We do have lots of scenic things to see around here. Hope you drove through Zion National Park while you were here. Thanks for the compliment on my IR shots.

13. Nice set, Gordon. That second one is impressive... great sky, lines and nice color conversion.

14. Thanks a bunch for your nice comments David.

15. Interesting shots there Gordon..

16. Thanks Eric, I appreciate you stopping by my thread.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.