Gura Gear: Kiboko bag

Finally ordered and recieved my Gura Gear Kiboko bag. I am kind of a bag junky, always looking for a bag that fits my needs better. I have been using a Think Tank Security bag to hual my gear in, and love it. It however, did not fit my 600VR like I wanted AND my other gear. I made do, by not putting my 600VR in that bag and hauled it around in the trunk case. This got OLD quick as I was having to tote around the TT Security PLUS the Nikonk trunk case holding my 600VR. Finally I just decided to try out the Kiboko after speaking with Andy Biggs (owner and creator of this product).

Let me just say, as of now, I am VERY impressed with the bag. Its smaller in outside dimensions than my Think Tank Security. However, due to the unique layout of this bag, I was able to fit everything I had in my Security bag PLUS the 600VR. I also can say that I added a few more items into the bag that weren't in my TT bag, but they would have fit in there as well.

The bag is light, so much lighter in weight than the TT. This sure eases the load when lifting or packing it around. Protection seems adequate though there is for sure a difference in padding between the products. I will soon post a shot of all the gear I can stuff in this bag, I think its pretty impressive. For those looking for a bag that can really handle some gear I highly recommend this bag.

Real Name
Mark
Jason,
I have both bags as well. I love the Kiboko for the flexibility, the amount of stuff it will hold, and how light it is. However for any travel on planes, or when I'm shooting at stadiums, the TT Security is hard to beat. I love the wheels.
Mark

Mark, I agree. That is why I still have my TT Security! If it would just hold my 600VR plus my other gear, but alas, it won't (at least the way I want it). Love both systems, they are unique in their own right and have vastly different styles on how to use them.

Jason,

Congrats on an awesome bag. I have one as well and it is a well thought out and engineered bag. I love how light it is and it will hold (most) all my kit...except for my 400mm 2.8 AFI. Very comfortable as a backpack when the load is balanced out. You will love it!

Bill

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom