Guts of the Lytro

Here's my blog, where I also post Lytro pictures, but I get about ... zero readers a day. :(
Couldn't resist a peek have looked back several pages now and loved the butterfly and photographers pic and can see the comment about needing a different approach or attitude to the Lytro better now although the 4D moniker is a bit over stating things.

Lytro pics still look a little toy-like but fascinating for all that and if Mac OSX can create the images then allegedly knowing SnowLeopard runs fine in a VirtualBox VM may be useful in lieu of a full Hackintosh dang it's all Chris' fault the Lytro bug is biting me now.

Real Name
Chris
You go pdog!

Ubuntu, the lytro certainly IS a toy - I'd not likely select it to do formal portraits, a 4 hour event, but I would take some macros around the house, shoot my friends at a bar, or follow my favorite squid around on vacation. All fun stuff that a serious camera would be just a bit cumbersome:

(click the pictures above to play with them!)

Really interesting concept. I would have to relearn how to compose as this lets the viewer "design" the photograph by changing the focus of the image. Gotta think about this for a while...

shecanthelpherself.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
Someone on another site said the Lytro made touchy-feely pics I now see the veracity of that assertion :smile:

Hey Chris,
The lack of activity on Lytro's support forums gives me second thoughts about this. I asked a couple of questions that haven't been answered.

They really need to stay on top of the Support section to alleviate any doubts.

I'm still going to get it though.

If you go to Lytro's site then choose pictures, you can only browse what they put there. I can't check out any others. I know that I can look on Facebook, but too bad no choice on their site

Real Name
Chris
Tried FB:
I set up a Fazebook page for some Lytro stuff (fb has a lot of 'tro users) and I also keep my Lytro supplied gallery up to date:
All I managed to see was:
http://www.facebook.com/christenone/ said:
This content is currently unavailable
The page you requested cannot be displayed at the moment. It may be temporarily unavailable, the link you clicked on may have expired, or you may not have permission to view this page.
I have zero (0) FB friends in case that matters!

I think I'll stick to my Leicas, Rollei and other film cameras. Complex array matrix transformations are beyond my scope. I have no idea what they are, other than some sort of mathematical voo-doo doo-doo. :confused: I just bought a new 27" iMac, I don't want it getting confused with that fancy stuff.

Real Name
Chris
It's not that bad Michael. From Ren Ng's thesis (p.85), all that you need to do is this:
[imgn]http://101-365.com/images/photographicimageoperator.png[/imgn]​

:biggrin::confused::Crunk:

ps, this is the photographic image operator for film F at depth α. Your film cameras do this all the time in a fraction of a second ... analogally.

Latest threads

Top Bottom