GWE from the Rookery

Discussion in 'Merritt Island II' started by Flew, Jun 10, 2005.

1. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Didn't get a lot of shots processed yesterday when I got back from Grand Rapids, but did get a few. Here are some Great Egrets from our first day at the Alligator Farm.

These were taken with the D2H / 300mm 2.8. Difficult light, at least for me.

Surveying his domain:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bringing home the bacon:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Feed Me!! Feed Me!!
    [​IMG]

Thanks for looking in.

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Frank,

Marvelous images. You handled the light very well. I like the high key .. Very attractive.

Thanks for sharing

3. And now the shame begins! ;)

Very nice, boss. Let's see some more....

4. Fantastic, you should be tickled pink with these shots they are as sharp as can be and look great even with bad lighting.. I need to get down here next spring

5. You east side folks are sure producing great images! Wow. I am a tad envious I admit. You did a fine job with the lighting Frank.

6. HarryB

HarryB

Jan 28, 2005
    Viera, Florida
    Outstanding Frank. You did a marvelous job of bring out the colors on a da when the light was lousy. Did you use the beamer on tose shots?

7. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Harry,

Thanks for the kind words. Yes, this was before the beamer lens broke. I did order a couple of new lenses the day before I left to go to Michigan. I hope that they will be here soon. There will always be gloomy days, and I think the flash helped quite a bit on these. Without the beamer, it wouldn't have reached. These birds are 150-200 feet away.