Gwinnett Gladiators vs. South Carolina Stingrays (ECHL Hockey)

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by Dave, Apr 9, 2007.

1. Dave

Dave

Feb 7, 2007
    Suwanee, GA
    My wife and I went to the Gwinnett Gladiators (our home team) game on Friday night and I figured it was a good time to test out my recently purchased Sigma 50-150 f/2.8 lens coupled with my D50. The lens is very compact and seems to do a good job. I goofed by not going Auto ISO though and thus my shutter speeds were not as fast as I had hoped and thus the actions shots were not that great. Also, I had a hard time tracking the action as I was in close confines with my seat, so these are not the best. Anyway, here are a few from the game before I had to leave after the 2nd period as I got called into work.

Time for the face-off (where the referee is really concentrating, and probably the sharpest shot of the night)
    [​IMG]

The Gladiators were in black and getting ready to score
    [​IMG]

Playing defense
    [​IMG]

A through-the-glass shot of a face-off
    [​IMG]

And 2 bonus shots, one of the zamboni
    [​IMG]

And one of the mascot posing for a picture of some people who received a check from the Gladiators for charity
    [​IMG]

C&C is welcome, and I know I should probably crop some of the shots but I was a little perturbed at myself for at least not bumping the ISO to 400, although I was surprised at the shutter speeds I was getting.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.