H U M M E R S..........

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by Keith, May 26, 2005.

1. These were shot with the Nikon 70-200mm w/ 500d close up filter :)

original.

original.

2. NikonK

NikonK

May 27, 2005
    Wow! Those pictures are definitely worth hang on the wall. Amazing...

3. Those are so beautiful.

4. Greg

Greg

Apr 5, 2005
    Fayetteville, TN
    Kieth, these are great as usual! Was this a single flash or multiple? if single was it shoe mounted or offset?

Were they just to close to get the whole bird in or is it that they will not fit using the 500D?

5. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Talk about some Fantastic shots!!! I can tell your time was well spent on your trip to photograph these little guys! I'm just glad the bear didn't eat you and you were able to come back to share these with us!

6. thank you

thank you Alain, Gilles, and Nikon K for the nice comments.......

7. Hi Greg

these particular 2 pictures were done with a single flash believe it or not. It was mounted on shoe and natural backgrounds. If shooting with background, I like to use the stroboframe to get it off the camera so it wont cast shadows, but if your lighting up the background with a speedlight, doesnt matter at all whether on or off......

thanks for looking Greg!
    Keith

8. HI Leigh

Your too kind, but thank you for the nice comments............. and no one more happier than me that nothing more happened with my encounter with Mr. Bear :lol: :lol: Everytime I try to tell my wife, she doesnt want to hear it :wink:

9. Nice close-ups keith, I still can't believe how close you could get.

I see there is a bit ghosting was there sunlight in those pictures?

Martin

10. I had about 1/2 hour of sunshine that day, so yep, their was sunlight. the background was natural background, really like how it looked with the shallow DOF

thanks Martin

11. They are really nice backgrounds, thats a pretty excluse style of Hummingbird photography your developing, close-up, hand held, natural backgrounds.

Martin