Had a Field Day (Track & Field)

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by Jeff Mims, Mar 23, 2007.

1. Jeff Mims

Jeff Mims

May 25, 2005
    Mississippi
  2. rbsmith

rbsmith

Apr 13, 2005
    Saltillo, Ms
    Nice shots Jeff. Its good to see you posting again. I haven't had much time to be on here or take many pictures. I may have missed some of your posts.

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Great shots
    Expressions and positions are priceless

4. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Jeff, I want to give track and field a try this spring (if it ever stops raining), is it difficult to shoot? Are there good vantagepoints to shoot from? I think the long jump kids look neat, too bad they aren't jumping toward the sunlight. The pole jumper is cool, that's something that I would enjoy capturing. Post more shots...this is neat.

5. Jeff Mims

Jeff Mims

May 25, 2005
    Mississippi
    It's difficult for me to shoot. I'm not really qualified to advise anyone on sports photography, especially track & field. This is only the second time I've shot track and field, so I can't offer much advice. My daughter does discus/shotput...so I was just shoot other events in between hers.
    Meet started at 9:00 AM.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2007
  6. Jeff Mims

Jeff Mims

May 25, 2005
    Mississippi
    Thank you...although I was lucky more than anything.:smile:

7. Jeff Mims

Jeff Mims

May 25, 2005
    Mississippi
    thanks Rex...
    I've not posted much. Been a dry season for me, after football ended. Just never had time to try basketball, though it looks fun. (and challenging). So just this past week, I've started back shooting sports. (baseball earlier, and now track and field). Talk about being rusty! Yeesh!

8. niknd501

niknd501

May 13, 2006
    Illinois
    These are cool Jeff.. I have a son that runs track so I am looking forward to getting some shots in...Long jump is the most fun for me to shoot. I got some great high jump shots last season..Pole Vault is exciting and for me hard to shoot...I am going to work on that this spring.

Great shots...Keep em coming.