Had a Field Day (Track & Field)

Today was the first track meet of the season. So..I'm rusty too.:smile:

76063359.gif
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 86686

View attachment 86687

View attachment 86688

View attachment 86689

Nice shots Jeff. Its good to see you posting again. I haven't had much time to be on here or take many pictures. I may have missed some of your posts.

Jeff, I want to give track and field a try this spring (if it ever stops raining), is it difficult to shoot? Are there good vantagepoints to shoot from? I think the long jump kids look neat, too bad they aren't jumping toward the sunlight. The pole jumper is cool, that's something that I would enjoy capturing. Post more shots...this is neat.

Jeff, I want to give track and field a try this spring (if it ever stops raining), is it difficult to shoot? Are there good vantagepoints to shoot from? I think the long jump kids look neat, too bad they aren't jumping toward the sunlight. The pole jumper is cool, that's something that I would enjoy capturing. Post more shots...this is neat.

It's difficult for me to shoot. I'm not really qualified to advise anyone on sports photography, especially track & field. This is only the second time I've shot track and field, so I can't offer much advice. My daughter does discus/shotput...so I was just shoot other events in between hers.
Meet started at 9:00 AM.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice shots Jeff. Its good to see you posting again. I haven't had much time to be on here or take many pictures. I may have missed some of your posts.

thanks Rex...
I've not posted much. Been a dry season for me, after football ended. Just never had time to try basketball, though it looks fun. (and challenging). So just this past week, I've started back shooting sports. (baseball earlier, and now track and field). Talk about being rusty! Yeesh!

These are cool Jeff.. I have a son that runs track so I am looking forward to getting some shots in...Long jump is the most fun for me to shoot. I got some great high jump shots last season..Pole Vault is exciting and for me hard to shoot...I am going to work on that this spring.

Great shots...Keep em coming.

Latest threads

Top Bottom