Had a Fling with a Cheap Date, but I'm Back

I bought a D7100 a couple of weeks ago. Coincidentally we had a run of clear, sunny weather so then I've been shooting it almost exclusively in plenty of light. Then this morning I went out early plus a few clouds showed up. I found myself shooting BIFs at ISO1600 with the D4 and was reminded of why I love it so :Love:

Real Name
Randy
My d4 finally got out today, took the 400vr for a ride to a football game

Btw I am finding that cheap fluZe, the d7100, does very well at 1600

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
... I am finding that cheap fluZe, the d7100, does very well at 1600
Maybe if your making a small print or web rez image reduced down. Either that or there is some nucleoionic phase shift differential somewhere between here and there. Maybe I'm seeing aurora effect, who knows :confused:

Real Name
Randy
Maybe if your making a small print or web rez image reduced down. Either that or there is some nucleoionic phase shift differential somewhere between here and there. Maybe I'm seeing aurora effect, who knows :confused:
they look on my 2550x1440 lcd
i just peeped one and it was horrid but i suspect most everything is

anyway i rarely print and when i do noise is better on paper
if they look good on my lcd i am happy

here's an example of 'looks good (to me anyway) on my lcd
d7100 + 500/4 at f/4, iso1600, under a tree on a cloudy morning (not like your cloudy mornings of course:smile:)

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

here's a link to a 100% (from LR) original jpg

no NR s/w applied and sharpening was not selective so that probably made things worse

http://www.carolina-sportsphotograp...92149_kQ6JSS#!i=2549173319&k=Nkkng7h&lb=1&s=O

Can't argue with that, Randy. Guess I need to shoot bigger critters for more full frame shots. Everything I've shot so far with the 7100 are little guys and/or far away :frown:

Real Name
Randy
Can't argue with that, Randy. Guess I need to shoot bigger critters for more full frame shots. Everything I've shot so far with the 7100 are little guys and/or far away :frown:
Yea, any heavy cropping or shadow removal will probably not work so well with the d7100

Fantastic shot. What happened to the days when Tri-X pan at ISO (ASA in those days) 400 was considered fast.
And no respectable wildlife photog would us high speed film. It is really amazing to see some of the stuff that was captured years ago on ASA 25 slide film. There are about three days a year that you can shoot that way in AK.

Fantastic shot. What happened to the days when Tri-X pan at ISO (ASA in those days) 400 was considered fast.
And no respectable wildlife photog would us high speed film. It is really amazing to see some of the stuff that was captured years ago on ASA 25 slide film. There are about three days a year that you can shoot that way in AK.
I remember those days. You spread out one box at a time on the light table and felt good if you had a few shots that were acceptable (even with the limited dynamic range of film). Photographers worked slower, planned longer and had to take more time to check off the boxes of their "to do" lists. By the way, I still have a light table I would sell if anyone wants to feel nostalgic!:biggrin:

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom