1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Had a visitor today...

Discussion in 'Birds' started by cwilt, Jul 25, 2005.

1. cwilt

cwilt

Apr 24, 2005
    Denver, CO
    29653962-L.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    You can't do that

You can't shoot @1/30th @420mm handheld, can you? Nice capture. I want to get one of those raptors too, but they never cooperate!

3. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Charles, I hope you had all of your pets and small children inside. That's a nice sized Hawk.

Great capture. :wink:

4. cwilt

cwilt

Apr 24, 2005
    Denver, CO
    Steve S,

I had actually setup inside because a storm was about hit and I like lightning shots. :)  When I saw the hawk take a small rabbit from the field and land on my fence I changed lenses quickly and went after the hawk. This was on a tripod with MLU and remote release.

My best has been this capture at 1/60@500mm handheld.
    22710627-M.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Frank,

Everyone was inside for the pending storm. :wink: The hawk has a small rabbit hanging on the other side of the fence. I have another shot with it trying to fly from the fence with the rabbit, but it was not a great shot.

5. drueter

drueter

Apr 24, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    Nice capture, Charles!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.