Had some issues here...

Discussion in 'Film Forum' started by Chris101, May 4, 2007.

1. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    This negative is from the 'lame concept' set, but the film had been loaded into the holder in 1989. Since I didn't think it would come out at all, I just shot it, and didn't do any camera 'movements' at all. Obviously there was major fogging and there are some weird lines on the film (including an old fingerprint) but I was VERY surprised to see this image when it came out of the tank:

[imgn]http://homepage.mac.com/cheilman1/images/photos/film/pc/4x5/frame5.jpg[/imgn]

ps, isn't that 75mm f/8 superangulon one sharp optic?

2. Ghosts maybe?

:rolleyes: 

3. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    I'm always hoping for that Rich!

4. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

5. 'Kool Extra Extra' grade on this one

6. Actually the woman in the glass pane looks like a spiritual manifestation. My middle son once went on a ghost hunting session one Saturday evening in Old Towm Alexandria Va. The houses were supposed to be haunted; they were prepared with all sorts of electroinc equipment. He did get photographs of a few tiny white, golf ball-sized, orbs in one attic. One place he went into he felt incredible icy chills when he entered a room. They left very quickly.

Rich

7. so the 75mm is Leitz glass? or? and thats a wider than 'normal' FL on this larger form camera?

8. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

9. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Thanks Paul! Thanks Rodney! Rich, I have yet to see a photograph of an "orb" that isn't obviously oof dust lit by a flash. And I want to believe! Paul are you familiar with Max Borne? There is only one electron and it goes forward and backward in time, making us believe there are a lot of them. And nobody has proven otherwise yet.

Rodney, Super-Angulon lenses are large format lenses made by Schneider with a huge image circle. I got it in my youth because I liked Adams back then, and it's what he used. Here it is:

[imgn]http://homepage.mac.com/cheilman1/images/cameras/75mmf8superangulon.jpg[/imgn]​

10. BigPixel

BigPixel Guest

make it darker and....whammo! Bullseye.

11. H-m-m the ghost in the machine! er ... uh ... I meant lens!:biggrin:

12. Gr8Tr1x

Gr8Tr1x Guest

The roof...the roof...the roof is on fire!

13. Chris, it's superb! Please burn the lower right part so it becomes darker. The image will become more realistic and the eyes will be less bothered by that part...

14. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Thanks Mike, Ray, Joshua and Ned.

I haven't done anything on this, but I suspect that I inadvertently made a double exposure. The brightness on the right side is fog - a tiny light leak over the nearly 2 decades the film sat in the magazine.
    (My box of film is just as old, but kept in a double box with a black paper bag.) So there is low contrast there as well as lightness. When (if - the semester is winding down) I print this, I'll try split filtration to fix it, as well as burning.

As far as any paranormal explanation ... do they have cell phones on the other side?

15. Superlative imagery Chris..............

Enough said.

G

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.