Had some pretty good luck with Dragonflies this weekend

Real Name
Russ
Hi Everybody,

Had a good outing on Saturday. August is quiet for birds here in N. Ohio, but the Dragonflies are abundant. They seem to especially like the ponds down in the old limestone quarry, now a nature preserve. The D500 + 300 PF (+1.4TC) seems made for this sort of work; it's fast, accurate, and close focusing.

Thanks for looking...

Cheers,

Russ

DSC_2030.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

DSC_2134.jpg

DSC_2167.jpg

DSC_2187.jpg

Real Name
Russ
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Beauties all of them.
Thanks! I downloaded the Color Fidelity profiles and, for bugs and birds at least, I like the vivid colors and contrast of the ‘High V2’ setting in Lightroom.

Nice. first two are Band-winged meadowhawk, the others are Wandering glider.
Thanks for the ID’s! I do not have my handbook with me at the moment, and Odes are pretty confusing anyhow. Nice to have an expert on the forum.

Nice set of images! Love the last two!
Thanks! Me too. I like the back of the thorax on the third photo. it looks different (at least to me) in flight.

Wow, I'll say you had some good luck with the dragonflies. Course I am sure that skill played the major role.
Thanks for the complement. But 10 FPS certainly improves one’s chances of getting a good shot :)

Russ

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom